Can I ride this shit

Related:
Create New Tag

4/22/2017 7:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2017 7:47 AM

Frames cracked. Is it safe to ride I'm not trying to get broke but every other frame on the market disgusts me. This was the best frame I've ridden. I ride park so no big drops.

Photo

Photo

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/22/2017 8:03 AM

I know someone who cracked their frame right there, and theirs was MUCH worse. He continued to ride park with it and it was just fine. He's got a new frame now, but rode the cracked one for a year or so. So I say if you don't put major pressure on it you might be fine for a bit, but I'm sure someone on here will disagree with me.

There's always the option of re-welding it, that will certainly make it stronger than riding it cracked (I'll just wait for someone to disagree with me).

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

4/22/2017 8:27 AM

If you're not dropping off roofs you should get some life out of it still but I'd start saving for a new one

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/22/2017 10:14 AM

Bring it out here I'll TIG it up for you m8

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

4/22/2017 10:58 AM

It'll probably get progressively worse until it snaps. Start saving and window shopping now, until you've got funds and find something you like. Just remember it's there and keep an eye on it if you plan on doing anything big

|

4/22/2017 5:37 PM

Duct tape that shit you little bitch. You'll be fine. Fucking pussy

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/23/2017 10:28 AM

Ah, the Tierra I never had! I'd say it's good for just a short while more. My buddy's frame had a crack near the BB welds that looked like this and it lasted him around two weeks before snapping.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

4/23/2017 12:38 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Ah, the Tierra I never had! I'd say it's good for just a short while more. My buddy's frame had a crack near the BB welds that ...more

The welds on the BB/chainstays are going to be under more of a tensile stress rather than "compressive stress" like they would be on the area where that crack is.

|

4/23/2017 5:29 PM

My Montana frame cracked in the exact same place. I welded it up and rode it until I could afford a new one. Thankfully I saved up pretty quick, it start cracking again after a few weeks. I'd say you should do the same if money's a problem. If it's not a problem, just get a new one. It's not worth the risk.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/23/2017 5:39 PM

I see a.custom frame in the future?
Hate when that shit happens. Sorry bro

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

4/23/2017 6:34 PM

just sharpie over it. if you can't see it, it doesn't exist.

|

4/25/2017 8:56 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

just sharpie over it. if you can't see it, it doesn't exist.

Best advice ever

|

I once walked into a gay bar it did not end well

4/26/2017 1:15 PM

Oh well, it snaps, you may die, we will be sad, but you can just get another frame or ductape it jk

|

Trails not Rails

Trails YT Channel