Can anyone help me?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2016 11:24 AM

My hands have been stinging like crazy, I have three blisters and two are busted open and sting a lot! I do wear gloves and I was just wondering if anyone can help me with this because I still want to ride but not have the stinging, can anyone help me? My one blister was bugging me because it was torn WIDE open so I just cut it off, it feels better but still stings.

|

M A V R I C K _

8/4/2016 11:42 AM

man up

|

It’s all bmx

8/4/2016 12:43 PM

Just wait for them to heal and the new skin will be tougher. It'll only take a few days

|

8/4/2016 1:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2016 1:07 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Just wait for them to heal and the new skin will be tougher. It'll only take a few days

Thanks!

|

M A V R I C K _

8/4/2016 4:32 PM

Blisters will heal into callouses, which will make your hands tougher.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/4/2016 4:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2016 4:53 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Blisters will heal into callouses, which will make your hands tougher.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

|

M A V R I C K _

8/4/2016 5:00 PM

NewSkin or Liquid Bandage maybe if cut open? But if you thought they stung now, be prepared to bite down on something when applying NewSkin. Dries fast and then you can resume activity without pain.

|

8/4/2016 5:23 PM

X2 on waiting for them to heal. Obviously I ride bmx but I am also a heavy truck diesel mechanic, welder, and fabricator. It took me a while to get my hands stronger when I was young but now that my hands have gotten rougher over 30 years it's perfect for what I do and I don't get blisters anymore. Let them heal and the skin that comes back is a lot tougher!

|

8/4/2016 5:45 PM

Something like Bag Balm or O'Keefe's Working Hands will help with conditioning scraped and cracked skin too. Doesn't sting. Unless you're allergic to lanolin etc

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

8/5/2016 5:11 AM

Thanks guys!

|

M A V R I C K _

8/5/2016 9:39 AM

Like most here, just keep going! Time will strengthen and "harden" your hands through calloused areas. It'll be good in no time.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

8/5/2016 12:39 PM

yep. i play bass, and it took my fingers about 6-8 months to callous over. Now (35+ years later) I don't feel a thing. Same thing happened to my hands. I was a chef/line cook for 15 years, and you just get used to grabbing hot things and getting burned. Eventually, my entire hand became calloused. Same as my finger tips, i can pretty much grab pans out of the oven now with no towel or mitt...I don't honestly even feel my bike grips anymore

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence