Can anyone help me?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/29/2017 7:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2017 7:13 AM

I landed really hard off a semi small drop last time I went to a skatepark. I had my ankle brace on but I didnt take into account my right foot was still really weak compared to my good foot.

When I landed, my foot stayed on the pedal but it bent my foot all the way up towards my shin.

It hurt really bad. I have continued to work and ride but the pain doesnt seem to be going away. Its been about 2 weeks i think since it happened.

Every time I move a certain way (usually stepping up something) the pain shoots up and It feels like someone is stabbing between my foot and leg in that little soft spot.

I cant find any info on this and Im wanting to avoid going to the doctor just so he can tell me what it is and charge me tons of money...

Anyone here have any thoughts or have a similar injury?

This is the soft spot im talking about.
Photo

|

11/29/2017 7:13 AM

My dad got a Similar thing like that playing baseball. He saw a doctor and was told to go to PT. He rubbed his foot on a golf ball and rolling his ankle back and forth helped. I hope this helps...

|

If you ain't fallin you ain't trying.

11/29/2017 7:16 AM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

My dad got a Similar thing like that playing baseball. He saw a doctor and was told to go to PT. He rubbed his foot on a golf ...more

Its worth a shot, thank you for sharing.

|

11/29/2017 7:24 AM

No problem

|

If you ain't fallin you ain't trying.

11/29/2017 7:28 AM

Yeah man, heat and maybe massage that shit if it doesn't hurt when you touch it. You probably hyper extended (insert crazy ass latin name for a tendon or ligament here) something in your ankle.

Usually (and I'm about the furthest thing from a doctor) if something doesn't hurt while I'm just kinda sitting there doing nothing, I don't worry. If you're saying it only hurts when you're stepping up something it probably means that part is blown out and needs some rest.

After heat, and massaging it, definitely give it a rest.

I'm always nursing an injury from something. A metal ankle, shitty knees, 3 displaced disks in my back. My brain is 23 but my body is 95. sad

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

11/29/2017 9:53 AM

Ankles take a good while to heal since we’re always on them. I 360ed off a sorta biggish ledge back in like February or March and my foot did the same thing and it took nearly a month or so for the pain to fully go away. just keep stretching it, use ice & heat, and stay off it as much as you can.

we’re also not doctors though so if you’re worried it’s something severe I’d go get it looked at

|

11/29/2017 10:22 AM

Ugh... what did I tell you?!

What happened to that "foam pit"?

Fore that very reason, I always try to ride more "foot centered" toward the ankle rather than what MTB & Road bikers have always preached.

|

11/29/2017 10:56 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Ugh... what did I tell you?!

What happened to that "foam pit"?

Fore that very reason, I always try to ride more "foot ...more

Same, i have my foot in the center but when I hopped my right foot lifted off the pedal a bit and when I landed it was more towards the toe end of my foot...

My foot felt kind of like a "dead" foot that day. I didnt have the best control over it.

I got over-confident since I was wearing a brace super tight and I was only worried about my ankle rolling. I should have realized my entire foot would be weaker but I know now...

|

11/29/2017 10:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2017 10:57 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Ankles take a good while to heal since we’re always on them. I 360ed off a sorta biggish ledge back in like February or March ...more

Ya, back to just pedaling around filming my friends doing cool shit while I watch... figures it happens around the time when I get some pegs begging me to try them out.

|

11/29/2017 11:03 AM

I did something to my left ankle one time that might have been similar. Not on a bike but just the same, hurt like a bitch. I was running (drunk) & ran into a ditch that was WAY deeper than I thought. Because of my speed, I basically launched myself into the up side of the ditch opposite where I entered & landed with my left foot first which did something similar. This was years ago so I don't recall all the pain & how long, but I do remember that mine was more in the ankle & it hurt on & off for a good year, depending on what I was doing the day before, etc...; I didn't have any PT or anything & I'm not even sure if I did anything to help (heat, ice, whatever)

|

11/29/2017 12:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2017 12:21 PM

Well, a doctor would be able to give you the best answer...

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

11/29/2017 12:29 PM

Do you bang up? Just wondering cause your hand marks look like mine did

|

11/29/2017 12:51 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

Your hand looks like a foot?

|

11/29/2017 1:13 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Ya, just ran out of my insurance for the year cause the original injury. Evrything is out of pocket until next year.

|

11/29/2017 1:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2017 2:24 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

I didnt get banged up this time. I landed it, rolled away and all. I have crashed 2 times since my injury and both resulted in revaluation rather than cuts and bruises.

|

11/29/2017 2:15 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Ya, just ran out of my insurance for the year cause the original injury. Evrything is out of pocket until next year.

Well, at least out isn't that long until "next year". My insurance is the opposite, they don't pay for anything until I'd bet me deductible which one over 4k.

|

11/29/2017 2:44 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I landed really hard off a semi small drop last time I went to a skatepark. I had my ankle brace on but I didnt take into ...more

You probably broke a small bone somewhere in your foot. Been there. When I used to skateboard I broke my foot trying to 360 flip a decent sized gap. After I broke it I kept skating until I landed it, then walked to the hospital, for them to tell me, yes it's broken, but we don't do anything for broken feet. Ruined my whole summer. Just take it easy for a couple months. God I don't miss breaking bones several at least once a year. My body is totally beat, and I'm only 30.

|

11/29/2017 3:16 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I landed really hard off a semi small drop last time I went to a skatepark. I had my ankle brace on but I didnt take into ...more

ggallin422 wrote:

You probably broke a small bone somewhere in your foot. Been there. When I used to skateboard I broke my foot trying to 360 ...more

...2 more months is forever lol...

Im 29 and im pretty beat too.

|

11/29/2017 3:18 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Well, at least out isn't that long until "next year". My insurance is the opposite, they don't pay for anything until I'd bet ...more

Mine is a 2000 dollar deductible...

|

11/29/2017 7:31 PM

Look up things like extensor tendonitis.

|