Can anyone identify this cult frame ?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/5/2015 11:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2015 11:28 PM

Hey guys just bought some second hand bike of a sketchy guy in a skate park parking lot been having a hard time figuring out what frame it is i have come to the conclusion that it is A Really old or B off of a crappy complete .

it has a godawful paint job so i cant see the serial if there is one don't have any way of stripping it at the moment also break mounts are not removable which is what makes me think cheap nasty complete

21" TT 9" Standover

Thanks in Advance for any help smilePhoto

Photo

Photo

|

Parkrat is lyf !

10/6/2015 6:05 AM

It could also be from when cult first came out.

I would take a knife or other metal edge and CAREFULLY scratch the paint off the Bottom Bracket for the serial number and email Cult for what it is.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/6/2015 6:56 PM

Yeah have given the bb a good scraping there is a serial there just difficult to read still.
Going to buy a can of paint stripper and raw the frame i think this pink paint is on so thick i wouldn't be surprised if it weighed more then the frame also never sanded so original black paint is still there

|

Parkrat is lyf !

10/6/2015 7:02 PM

"Hey guys just bought some second hand bike of a sketchy guy in a skate park parking lot"

oh god. hopefully it isn't stolen.

To my knowledge, all of Cult's aftermarket frames, even the older ones, all had removable brake mounts so I'm betting it's stock.

As Dave said, chip the paint away and get the serial number and email it to Cult asking them. Post it here too maybe we'll figure it out
|

10/6/2015 11:46 PM

serial is super hard to read but from what i can make out i believe its AT1I024598 also i probably sound stupid but how would i tell the difference between chromoly and plain old steel ? other then weight failry sure el cheapo stocks/completes don't get the luxury of chromoly

|

Parkrat is lyf !

10/7/2015 12:13 AM

I'm almost certain it's stock, my best guess given the serial number is a 2011 Cult CC1 because I have the same frame sitting in my room from someone and the serial number is AT11025801 which is pretty similar to yours. Email Cult with your number and they'll tell you for sure, but I think yours might be AT11024598, not AT1I024598 so double check that.

It's off an entry level stock bike, hi-tensile steel frame with a chromoly downtube.

As for telling chromoly & hi-tensile steel apart, I've wondered the same but personally I don't know offhand.

|

10/7/2015 2:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2015 2:35 AM

Cheers for that ! not going to bother with the email i have come to the conclusion that its a pile of crap XD and i accept that i should still get a decent amount of use out of it and it could very well be a 1 extremely hard to tell. but given that it even has a cult seat that looks exactly like the one on a 2011 cc1 complete id say you are 200% right smile

|

Parkrat is lyf !