Can i ride this tire still picture are included.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/13/2015 11:07 AM

Ok so my friend give me his animal asm but i just don't know if it rideable or not i have pics to show you guys to tell me can i still ride it or not. To me it looks like it has small cut other very very small holes. I'm just worried about the noticeable cut in the first pic the most would air come out or would i lose air a little at a time.
Photo

Photo

Photo

|

ref-momoney brought a frame.

2/13/2015 11:08 AM

you can as long as its not past the actual tire lining but youll probably get punctures a lot more

|

2/13/2015 11:12 AM

Yeah that'll be fine for a bit, just start saving for some new ones.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/13/2015 11:45 AM

Good to ride

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/13/2015 11:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2015 3:48 AM

This tyre looks like a fucking tube !

|

2/13/2015 12:34 PM

Thanks anyone that good i can still ride it because i don't have no money right now to buy a new tire. So I'm going to use this one for now until i saved up for new one.

|

2/13/2015 1:21 PM

totally safe to ride, mine are 10x worse. if one of the cuts does go through the rubber and into the lining, you can make it last a lil longer by booting the cut from the inside with a piece of a tube and some rubber cement.

|

2/13/2015 1:56 PM

Velo/Raptor wrote:

totally safe to ride, mine are 10x worse. if one of the cuts does go through the rubber and into the lining, you can make it ...more

Thanks man that what i want to hear is safe to ride i guess it time to put on my bike. Would it feels different going from fat tires 2.30 to skinny tires 2.10 and 1.95.

|

2/13/2015 2:05 PM

Velo/Raptor wrote:

totally safe to ride, mine are 10x worse. if one of the cuts does go through the rubber and into the lining, you can make it ...more

KidZappy9990 wrote:

Thanks man that what i want to hear is safe to ride i guess it time to put on my bike. Would it feels different going from fat ...more

Yes.

And you can also use thin plastic (think pool toys etc) to boot it, or in a worst case, a dollar bill works super well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/13/2015 2:56 PM

That doesnt need any repairs, my tyres were well beyond that and ran fine.

|

2/13/2015 3:08 PM

just line the inside with layers of duct tape and nothing will ever happen

|

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start, to be great...

2/13/2015 6:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2015 6:40 PM

Thanks anyone for your help. I going to ride with this tires until i get a new one. Now my friend just found his animal glh tires and other in his garage while we was cleaning it. So now i'm ready i don't need to buy any new tires no time soon im set.

|

2/13/2015 7:50 PM

Once upon a time.... I rode with tires like that, and guess what?! I tiny prickle got right in there and made a hole, and I had to walk ALL the way home!! (Which was about 20 feet)

|

2/14/2015 2:58 AM

Holy Jebus, this made my tiny left nut ache. Yes, tape a small piece of tube to the inside of your tire. Use ducttape, use a condom (ribbed, for her pleasure, of course). But, really....that hole (and anything smaller) will have minimal effect on your ride. Seriously, give it a try. One time, I had a friend who had a nail stuck in his tire so long, he needed a pair of fine tweezers to get the sliver out. He just pumped his tire before and after every session...for 3 months! We were all poor! Best times of my life! Enough reminiscence, get shreddin', muthafrudka!

|

Check my bikecheck
Eat shit or die tryin', yo!

2/14/2015 5:37 AM

Where's the tire? I only see a tube

|

7/3/2015 9:45 PM

I had a broken off key stuck in my tire all the way through but the cut itself was only like 1.5 cm long and i put some pool plastic stuff inside the tire where the cut was then and then glued it, i also had a "extra thick thorn proof tube" laying around! :D i should be all good but il let you know. (its my back tire by the way)

|

7/3/2015 11:46 PM

just fold up a dollar bill and place it inside where the hole is.

its fine.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

7/4/2015 12:41 PM

I have worse holes in my tires. If any of the holes become a problem, just cut a small piece of tube, put rubber cement on it, and press it firmly on the inside of the tire where the hole is. You can even fill the hole with rubber cement at this point to keep glass and shit from getting inside.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx