Can somebody's weight and strength etc...affect the way they can ride?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/8/2013 8:44 AM

I was just wondering. I'm only like 5ft, maybe an inch smaller, small for my age.I am fit and healthy, but i am not that strong considering my age. So will and can this affect the way i control my bike?I would imagine if you were quite tall and strong then doing tricks on a bike and handling the bike would be easier?thanks!

|

7/8/2013 9:01 AM

depends, riding will build your muscles up if thats something you're wondering. However, weight shouldn't affect you as you should think of your bike as a extension from you're body. trust me the taller it is the harder it can be because you have all the extra lanky parts just flailing around/banging knee's on stem...

|

Bruh

7/8/2013 9:50 AM

Right!thank you man!

|

7/8/2013 4:31 PM

strength:weight ratio is whatt will help

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

7/8/2013 6:43 PM

Yes. Smaller lighter guys MIGHT have more issues with throwing their bike around, but int he same situation, fatter guys have the same issue.

Work out a little, and ride more. Technique is all I can say. Learn techniques and practice practice practice.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/8/2013 7:10 PM

ya im taller and i have problems with sertin tricks like manuals, cuz i have short CS and i pull to hard due to my long arms lmao, also on some tech stuff i get wrapped up in the bike and fall. this is why you see tall riders like Josh Harrington and Denis enderson doing more flow stuff.

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/8/2013 9:06 PM

Just ride your bike lol. Spend a whole week mobbing around town finding things to hop up or hop over and by weeks end youll have muscle places you never though possible.

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

7/8/2013 9:07 PM

Broughton wrote:

Just ride your bike lol. Spend a whole week mobbing around town finding things to hop up or hop over and by weeks end youll have muscle places you never though possible.

Thats what i do. I can hop tire height now smile

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

7/8/2013 11:46 PM

Thanks.so if I just keep on practising bunny hopping I'll get stronger and it will be easier to do them?

|

7/8/2013 11:58 PM

Tommy69 wrote:

Thanks.so if I just keep on practising bunny hopping I'll get stronger and it will be easier to do them?

Pracitce makes perfect. haha Honestly, im just right for bmx, Pretty strong, not too tall (5'9") strong legs, good balance. I did all kinds of biking thru my life and it wasnt until 1 year and a few months ago til i decided to stick with only BMX. I learned my balance and bike control from Mountain biking and my strength and speed from road biking and long distance. Just spend literally more time on a bike than not and after a while itll become more at home to your body. Practice tricks, watch how-tos and do anything possible to get better at it haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/9/2013 3:56 AM

I'd say weight affects how you ride, heavier people would probably find it harder to get huge airs etc.

|

7/9/2013 7:58 AM

Ahh...well im pretty light for my age anyway...only like 6 or 7 stone :/ (i eat like a bitch but never seem to get heavier haha)And i was talking to my friend who has a WTP trust and he said that if i have the balls to do it and determination, i can practically do any trick as long as i keep practicing. and he also said most people quit bmxing because they are not determined enough?

|

7/9/2013 8:01 AM

unfortunately that is why people quit riding/go to scooters. BMX is a hard sport and it takes real determination/dedication to get good.

|

Bruh

7/9/2013 8:10 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Pracitce makes perfect. haha Honestly, im just right for bmx, Pretty strong, not too tall (5'9") strong legs, good balance. I did all kinds of biking thru my life and it wasnt until 1 year and a few months ago til i decided to stick with only BMX. I learned my balance and bike control from Mountain biking and my strength and speed from road biking and long distance. Just spend literally more time on a bike than not and after a while itll become more at home to your body. Practice tricks, watch how-tos and do anything possible to get better at it haha

i did the same thing with MTB and road bikes lol

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype