Can someone review these specs please?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2018 10:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2018 10:18 AM

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Sometimes right but 80% of the time I feel better on the left.

Bulletpup wrote:

A guarded sprocket and some hub guards would be nice then... wink

BrooklynGoon wrote:

So none comes with it?

None of them come with a guarded sprocket.

The we the people I think comes with Hub guards and pegs. (Last years model did)
The Eastern comes with pegs not sure about Hub guards.
The fit doesn't come with pegs or Hub guards I don't think.

If you were to go with the Eastern you would have 80-120 left over to buy a guarded sprocket and hub guards like the uniguard that protect your dropouts as well.

|

1/13/2018 10:36 AM

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Sometimes right but 80% of the time I feel better on the left.

Bulletpup wrote:

BrooklynGoon wrote:

So none comes with it?

None of them come with hub guards or sprocket guards. The shovelhead comes with two pegs (one front, one rear). It appears as though neither the FIT nor the WTP comes with any pegs.

|

1/13/2018 10:38 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

None of them come with a guarded sprocket.

The we the people I think comes with Hub guards and pegs. (Last years model did)
The Eastern comes with pegs not sure about Hub guards.
The fit doesn't come with pegs or Hub guards I don't think.

If you were to go with the Eastern you would have 80-120 left over to buy a guarded sprocket and hub guards like the uniguard that protect your dropouts as well.

According to the spec sheet I saw on the WTP, there are no pegs & no hub guards. Which stands to reason... Why would you need hub guards if you don't have any pegs?

|

1/13/2018 10:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2018 10:40 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

BrooklynGoon wrote:

So none comes with it?

Mishinn_Control wrote:

None of them come with hub guards or sprocket guards. The shovelhead comes with two pegs (one front, one rear). It appears as though neither the FIT nor the WTP comes with any pegs.

Im making the mistake of referencing last years crysis model. Came with two plastic hub guards and 2 plastic sleeve pegs.

Perhaps they dropped it for this year to save money...

In that case thats one more plus for the eastern...

|

1/13/2018 10:46 AM

This is the year my friend got. The smokey raw frame looked amazing...the red on the tires is also much darker in real life.Photo

|

1/13/2018 10:56 AM

Wtp for sure and I don't even like wtp much. It comes with a choice of cassette or coaster according to the vital write up plus decent quality parts, both rims double wall, eclat shit, etc. Idk man it's your choice but if you want one of those that's what I'd do.

|

@coupd_tat

1/13/2018 11:01 AM

coupde_tat wrote:

Wtp for sure and I don't even like wtp much. It comes with a choice of cassette or coaster according to the vital write up plus decent quality parts, both rims double wall, eclat shit, etc. Idk man it's your choice but if you want one of those that's what I'd do.

The WTP comes with a cassette.... Not a freecoaster.

|

1/13/2018 11:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2018 12:25 PM

Whatever you choose, be sure to let us know here in this thread (once it's a done deal & ordered). Then post pics here & in the bike check once built.

|

1/13/2018 1:41 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

This is the year my friend got. The smokey raw frame looked amazing...the red on the tires is also much darker in real life.Photo

That frame does look badass. I'm going with the red one (the black one is nice but not a fan of the blue stem and sprocket). Again thanks to everyone for their help, greatly appreciated.

|

1/13/2018 1:44 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

BrooklynGoon wrote:

That frame does look badass. I'm going with the red one (the black one is nice but not a fan of the blue stem and sprocket). Again thanks to everyone for their help, greatly appreciated.

Good choice! Cant wait to see the bike! Make sure and do a bike check as Mishinn said! Looking forward to seeing what you think.

|

1/13/2018 2:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2018 2:47 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Good choice! Cant wait to see the bike! Make sure and do a bike check as Mishinn said! Looking forward to seeing what you think.

Will do.

|

1/13/2018 5:59 PM

coupde_tat wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Yah someone should correct the vital write up then, sorta why I said that, I was skeptical

|

@coupd_tat

1/13/2018 6:57 PM

coupde_tat wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

coupde_tat wrote:

Yah someone should correct the vital write up then, sorta why I said that, I was skeptical

I haven't looked at the vital review page but perhaps it was available in other years?

|

1/14/2018 12:31 PM

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Will do.

Good choice. I have a WTP hub and love it. I honestly think they make great bikes.

Are you going to be riding only in Brooklyn? I posted in your other thread that maybe we should meet up and ride once the weather clears up.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/14/2018 1:59 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Will do.

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Good choice. I have a WTP hub and love it. I honestly think they make great bikes.

Are you going to be riding only in Brooklyn? I posted in your other thread that maybe we should meet up and ride once the weather clears up.

Yeah sure, where do you usually ride?

|

1/16/2018 6:42 AM

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Yeah sure, where do you usually ride?

I ride mostly in Harlem/Upper East Side.

They just opened the East Harlem skate plaza and it's 4 blocks from my apartment so I end up there a lot. I really only started seriously riding at the end of this past summer, so this spring/summer I plan on going all over, hitting as many spots in the city as I can. We should def meet up dude!

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/17/2018 1:56 AM

The specs look nearly identical down to the female front axle. 4130 chromoly & sealed bearings thruout. Not sure what’s better 48-spline vs. 8-spline cranks. The Crysis is $140 more than the ‘18 Shovel. Better quality frame/parts??

|

1/17/2018 5:16 AM

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

The specs look nearly identical down to the female front axle. 4130 chromoly & sealed bearings thruout. Not sure what’s better 48-spline vs. 8-spline cranks. The Crysis is $140 more than the ‘18 Shovel. Better quality frame/parts??

48 spline is the standard for high(er) end spindles. Honestly, I have not seen the WTP in person but HAVE seen the 17/18 Shovelheads. The Shovelhead is a quality bike & from what their website says, is welded in the best possible fashion. I've been beating up my Shovel & it hasn't given me a single whimper. So, IMHO, I can't see what would be worth $140 more. But, whatever.... ride what you like.

|

1/17/2018 8:28 AM

Most likely all the aftermarket Eclat & Salt parts... That ‘17 Raw Crysis looks sick AF tho!

|

1/17/2018 8:30 AM

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

Most likely all the aftermarket Eclat & Salt parts... That ‘17 Raw Crysis looks sick AF tho!

Yeah, it looks pretty badass

|

1/17/2018 9:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2018 9:54 AM

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

The crysis came out to $500 shipped. The shovel would have been $430 shipped.

|

1/17/2018 10:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2018 10:08 AM

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Not if you got the "17 Shovel. It's $399 shipped (Free shipping).

|

1/17/2018 10:39 AM

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Huh!? I swear I thought I saw the ‘18 Crysis for $599. The ‘17 Shovel is $399, but only available in the black/camo now. The ‘18 Shovel comes in that sick ass Trans Gold, but $459. I think the only thing changed is pedals, black colored parts, & stickers... That Crysis red is nice too!

|

1/17/2018 4:07 PM

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

The shovel would have charged taxes. The crysis was not taxed, got a good deal.

|

1/17/2018 4:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2018 4:27 PM

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Why? I didn't get taxes. They are based out of Ohio, I believe. I just went on their site. No taxes or shipping to Brooklyn.

|

1/17/2018 4:46 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Why? I didn't get taxes. They are based out of Ohio, I believe. I just went on their site. No taxes or shipping to Brooklyn.

Well to be completely honest I've read some not so nice things about them during my search, so I figured I might as well spend about $100 more for a Fit or a WTP. I'm not saying they suck because I don't know too much about new companies, but there was definitely more negative posts on Eastern than the other two.

|

1/17/2018 5:16 PM

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Well to be completely honest I've read some not so nice things about them during my search, so I figured I might as well spend about $100 more for a Fit or a WTP. I'm not saying they suck because I don't know too much about new companies, but there was definitely more negative posts on Eastern than the other two.

Whatever. Your loss. If you have money to burn...; Btw, don't believe everything you read & be sure you are checking dates on what you read.

|

1/18/2018 8:07 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Whatever. Your loss. If you have money to burn...; Btw, don't believe everything you read & be sure you are checking dates on what you read.

yeah, eastern did make parts that were awful a few years ago when they were trying to save weight, but they have improved now and make some decent stuff.
If you would feel better buying a different bike then go ahead, they are both good bikes smile

|

Hmmm

1/18/2018 9:04 AM

BrooklynGoon wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

yeah, eastern did make parts that were awful a few years ago when they were trying to save weight, but they have improved now and make some decent stuff.
If you would feel better buying a different bike then go ahead, they are both good bikes smile

The Eastern is a touch smaller than I wanted at 20.85". Also, the 2017 model used regular chromoly where the Crysis uses 4130 chromoly. This coming directly from Eastern's website:

Regular Chromoly - Lighter than 1020 steel but about the same strength. Standard strength welded tubing made of recycled steel + extra metals for added strength. The tubing can be made thinner because of the added strength. The frame comes out
4130 Chromoly - Lighter and stronger than regular chromoly (cromo) and 1020 steel. Made of high-strength drawn / extruded tubing made from highest quality and strength virgin ore.

The 2018 shovelhead uses 4130 chromo but it was $460. So I just went with a more reputable brand. Thanks for the suggestion though.

|

1/18/2018 9:13 AM

Ok... last post. Please don't feel the need to reply. If you don't want to buy a bike, don't buy it. I don't care what you want to ride. Ride an 80's era Schwinn Predator for all I care. You asked for opinions & then didn't want to hear anything but "WTP". Buy the WTP then. BUT, do PROPER research before making statements. The 2017 Shovelhead is Full 4130 Chromoly.

"Coming directly from Eastern's website":
2017 Shovelhead:
Photo

Lastly, I bet you could ride a 20.85"tt bike & the exact same bike with a 21"tt & you couldn't tell them apart.

|