Can you have a bmx bike or a custom bmx bike but not do any tricks.

Related:
Create New Tag

12/28/2013 10:44 PM

I want to know it alright to have a bmx bike or build a customs but not to spend that much on a customs bike and don't do any tricks. Because I know people buy parts and do tricks and some parts break then they buy more me I kinda want to do tricks and I kinda don't want to do tricks could I have a custom bike just to ride.

|

12/28/2013 10:46 PM

What's the point of BMX if you don't ride BMX with it?

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/28/2013 10:47 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Yeah, why not just get a mountain on street bike..

|

12/28/2013 10:51 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

To be honest I don't know why because I try to do bunny hops but i can't do them. Or any basic tricks. I know you have to get your basic tricks down before doing the big tricks like 180s.

|

12/28/2013 10:52 PM

Get a walmart bike.. Then rip up the park like I use to.

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/28/2013 10:53 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Pokemonbmx wrote:

To be honest I don't know why because I try to do bunny hops but i can't do them. Or any basic tricks. I know you have to get your basic tricks down before doing the big tricks like 180s.

just ride it'll come to you. If you want to do tricks learn em, it just take practice

|

12/28/2013 11:00 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Pokemonbmx wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

just ride it'll come to you. If you want to do tricks learn em, it just take practice

Ok well I'm kinda scared that I might fall it might take me longer time to learn tricks. But I will try and not give up if I fall then I fall then I get back up.

|

12/28/2013 11:03 PM

Exactly. If you ride BMX plan on falling. And you wanna talk taking a while to learn, i am in year 4 and i just learned 360s. Personally I think you will end up a better rider if your first year all you do is work on bike control, not tricks.

|

12/28/2013 11:14 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Exactly. If you ride BMX plan on falling. And you wanna talk taking a while to learn, i am in year 4 and i just learned 360s. Personally I think you will end up a better rider if your first year all you do is work on bike control, not tricks.

I have good bike control. Do you need muscle to do any tricks I'm pretty skinny I did bunny hops for the first time my arms was hurting the next day is that good or bad.

|

12/28/2013 11:59 PM

no

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/29/2013 12:17 AM

Yes. I know a faggot that cant do anything right but has lots o' cash. Then I see these black kids on walmart bikes twisting the one piecers hopping the hubba.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

12/29/2013 8:00 AM

If you have the money get whatever you want. Who cares what anyone what thinks. Just because you can't do tricks you have to have a shit bike? As for you other kids, just because you can do tricks doesn't mean you deserve a better bike. Get a damn job and buy the bike of your dreams and fuck off.

|

fack off

12/29/2013 9:09 AM

Whats the point of having a bike specifically designed for tricks if youre not going to use it for that? Why not just build a nice cruiser? Something made for comfortability and transportation.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/29/2013 9:15 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Pokemonbmx wrote:

Practice. Don't expect instant results.

Most of the kids on here have been riding for months if not years and aren't pros.

Hell, I have been riding for 14 years, STILL have not done a legit street handrail.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/29/2013 9:23 AM

ive lost alot of tricks since ive gotten older. I basically do all the simple stuff i dont need to go big or try and kill myself. I just love riding having fun and thats what its about! I ride with younger kids that are way better and ive been riding alot longer than them!

|

brakeless maniac

12/29/2013 11:35 AM

Yeah. Go get a bike. Make sure it FITS.
I will tell you what bike you need for who you are.

How tall are you?
How much can you spend?
What are 3 colors you like?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/29/2013 1:47 PM

just buy a cheap one to learn to ride it. then if you like riding and wanna get better start building up a custom as parts break

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/30/2013 7:08 PM

I have a 2013 kink gap. I like to ride but I'm going to practice.

|

10/25/2018 1:18 AM

Yes, I have a BMX I got secondhand to mess around on in my mid-life crisis. I'm not brave or skilled enough to do tricks.
It's a good bike for doing massive skids on the grass because I know it's not going to break given a minor level of abuse. Also I don't mind letting teenagers ride it and showing off their skills, I don't want them riding my hybrid as it's too breakable (derraleur gears, 27" wheels etc). However, BMX's are not the ideal bike for riding long distances especially as you get older and less supple as they aren't very ergonomic.

|

10/25/2018 2:18 AM

There's kids out there riding bmx that are younger than this thread......

|

10/25/2018 3:40 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

There's kids out there riding bmx that are younger than this thread......

Yeah, it's amazing what they can do at such a young age.

|

10/25/2018 4:18 AM

Wooooosh

|

10/25/2018 5:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2018 5:07 AM

Buy what you want man. Anybody who takes the piss out of you for having all the gear but no idea is usually either jealous or self conscious. I used to feel self conscious about riding a high end custom BMX in parks surrounded by people far better than me on lower end bikes, but I loved how it rode and I had been riding for a long time, just not improving much grin

Mountain biking is a prime example. I see so many old dudes on £5000 electric downhill bikes going super slow, but it's their money and they're out riding when they might otherwise not be.

|

10/25/2018 5:15 AM

Just going to say it outright since nobody's catching the hint....

THIS THREAD IS 5 YEARS OLD.

|

10/25/2018 5:27 AM

The dude who started this thread hasn't posted anything since 2014....he's not going to see any of this advice.

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

10/26/2018 12:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/26/2018 1:02 AM

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

The dude who started this thread hasn't posted anything since 2014....he's not going to see any of this advice.

Oh shiiiii... That was effort grin Gotta love it when you write a long reply and then realised some plumb bumped a 5 year old thread.

|

10/26/2018 1:08 AM

Pokemonbmx wrote:

I want to know it alright to have a bmx bike or build a customs but not to spend that much on a customs bike and don't do any tricks. Because I know people buy parts and do tricks and some parts break then they buy more me I kinda want to do tricks and I kinda don't want to do tricks could I have a custom bike just to ride.

If you're literally just going from A to B get a. Walmart bike if you have the money to build a custom fuck it go for it but don't be surprised when you get called a poser by the people doing tricks lmao

|

10/27/2018 3:35 PM

Just make sure you have a kickstand , some reflectors and a good brake system , don’t want thinks to get out of hand

|

10/27/2018 3:49 PM

Of course you can.. Do you think all those bald fat guys that buy ferraris and have a trophy wife use either to their full advantage.. Hell no.. Its all for looks.. at least try bunny hop stuff, just riding is quite boring.

|

10/27/2018 3:50 PM

Shit I didn't realise it was an old thread.. Wonder if he got a bike lol

|