Can't Decide

Related:
Create New Tag

10/24/2017 3:40 PM

Ok. So I'm trying to decide on a new frame. If I wasn't on a budget it would be the Whthous Brick but due to bills and being an adult I can't afford $405 for a frame. So I've decided on 3 frames. All good. Just can't choose and figured I'd ask some real g's.

Choice 1: GT Globetrotter: I'm a Brian Kachinsky fan. Wanted a GT when I was a kid. I'm already riding GT OG17 4 piece bars. Brad Simms said to get this one.

Choice 2: Hoffman Bama: I've been a fan of Seths since i watched him at his first X-trials. Butcher is riding a Hoffman (Butcher is my second favorite rider of all time. He's riding a Condor).

Choice 3: Kink Titan II: Joe Tiseo (RIP) rode for them and he's my favorite rider of all time. That's literally the only reason

|

10/24/2017 4:06 PM

Why don't you look in the bmx for sale address... There are several great deals for frames posted right now & way cheaper than what you are looking at.

|

10/24/2017 4:16 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Why don't you look in the bmx for sale address... There are several great deals for frames posted right now & way cheaper ...more

I'm good with the prices of those 3. They're actually perfect.

|

10/24/2017 5:02 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Why don't you look in the bmx for sale address... There are several great deals for frames posted right now & way cheaper ...more

WiteMic wrote:

Can't help em even when ya try,... Sigh. Bama or the kink. I don't know I'd go for the GT. It would honestly be last pick for anything in my opinion.

|

10/24/2017 5:12 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

WiteMic wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

Can't help em even when ya try,... Sigh. Bama or the kink. I don't know I'd go for the GT. It would honestly be last pick for ...more

I appreciate the help but I have credit at Albes so why not use it there. Besides the fact I want a brand new frame that i could get a warranty on. Most of the stuff in the for sale is used.

|

10/24/2017 5:50 PM

Do what your gut tells you.

Things that push me to think the GT is, it reads like you will have more faith/ confidence in yourself and frame riding it.

Specs look to be good as well.

|

10/24/2017 6:48 PM

The geo's are all different. Have you ridden anything like them before? Or are you basing your potential purchase on the riders you like?

|

10/24/2017 7:17 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

The geo's are all different. Have you ridden anything like them before? Or are you basing your potential purchase on the ...more

I mean mainly based off my fav riders right now but if going into specs it would be between the gt or the kink since their specs are the closest to my favorite frame (Skavenger tunnel).

|

10/24/2017 7:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/24/2017 7:36 PM

https://m.vitalbmx.com/forums/BMX-Stuff-For-Sale,17/Skavenger-Tunnel-V2-20-5TT-125,1317469

Here's a guy selling a Skavenger Tunnel for sale 20.5tt for $125 shipped... But if you don't want another Skavenger Tunnel or its too small I think the GT would be a cool frame though and it sounds like that's what you would like too...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/24/2017 7:44 PM

I would love to but 2.5 is too cramped for me. If it was just .25 more though.

|

10/24/2017 7:58 PM

WiteMic wrote:

Yeah I didn't know what size you were looking for and I just saw that frame for sale and I didn't know what you'd like...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/24/2017 8:01 PM

WiteMic wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yeah I didn't know what size you were looking for and I just saw that frame for sale and I didn't know what you'd like...

All good man. I actually appreciate that. I'm still considering it though. Lol.

|

10/25/2017 12:19 AM

Kink, very solid built in chain tensioner and yeah, I am actually getting one soon

|

Ride till you die

10/25/2017 12:30 AM

Whthous are made by fbm, so that's a good shout. Sure I've seen them listed for 360.

I don't know the geometry of any of those frames off the top of my head. But seth is a badass, so out of those 3 that would probably swing my decision. But I'd be looking at the geometry, and would find something that is what I want, regardless of brand

|

10/25/2017 7:58 AM

I was looking into the geo's yesterday. I forget EXACTLY which it was but I think it was the Kink that had a 13" rear. That's SUPER short. For me, I'd be looking at the geo's as well (like Steve said) & I'd be looking at the riders... not for their style of riding, or if I "liked them", rather I'd be looking at their height/weight, etc... & seeing if they were similar to me. Especially if I hadn't ever ridden any of them.

|

10/25/2017 9:47 AM

For me, it would be the 'Bama cause of the geo...and all the other good stuff about it as well.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/25/2017 6:38 PM

All solid options. The GT has a slightly longer rear end than the Kink which would make it a little closer to your Tunnel frame but I'm sure either will do you just fine.

Here's the GT frame
https://www.albes.com/GT-Bikes-globetrotter-bmx-frame/

And the kink frame
https://www.albes.com/kink-titan-2-BMX-frame/

Which catches your eye more?

|

10/25/2017 7:06 PM

Albes BMX Mail Order wrote:

All solid options. The GT has a slightly longer rear end than the Kink which would make it a little closer to your Tunnel ...more

It's kinda funny. I just emailed y'all. Lol. But the kink frame caught me with the chain tensioners. Plus i found out a shorter back helps with spins.. That's where I'm stuck at

|

10/25/2017 7:36 PM

I like the titan. I wouldn't mind one myself. Nice geo, and looks.

|

10/27/2017 10:06 AM

Check out Gypsy Bikes on Instagram or Facebook. Corey is selling an awesome street frame for a great price.

|