Cant decide on new forks

Related:
Create New Tag

3/30/2017 8:19 AM

Building a second bike. My new main bike I guess. Other bike will be for friends and girlfriend and all that. Im riding bone deth bottom feeder forks right now which are nice but I wanted to try something different. Im looking at the FBM cb4ks (I love fbm), odyssey r32s. Heard those are really good. And the shadow inceptiv 2 forks. Never really used anything from shadow except their chains so Im not sure how good these forks are. I got some animal x t1 tires in 2.4 so I want to make sure they can run big tires.

|

3/30/2017 8:25 AM

If I could get the fbm cb4k's over here I would I'm still unsure whether the new ones come with a crown race? They'll be releasing their 23mm offset ones soon too

|

3/30/2017 8:37 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

If I could get the fbm cb4k's over here I would I'm still unsure whether the new ones come with a crown race? They'll be releasing their 23mm offset ones soon too

Yeah they still dont come with the crown race but I suppose thats not too bad since ever bb comes with one. I dint know about the 23mm one soon. Cool but id rather have the 35mm offset one they have now

|

3/30/2017 8:38 AM

LikeRats wrote:

Building a second bike. My new main bike I guess. Other bike will be for friends and girlfriend and all that. Im riding bone deth bottom feeder forks right now which are nice but I wanted to try something different. Im looking at the FBM cb4ks (I love fbm), odyssey r32s. Heard those are really good. And the shadow inceptiv 2 forks. Never really used anything from shadow except their chains so Im not sure how good these forks are. I got some animal x t1 tires in 2.4 so I want to make sure they can run big tires.

I have some 7/10 Shadow Captive V1 forks or 9/10 MafiaBikes Hitmain forks in 27 you could buy cheap if interested. I'm not using them. Also the captives come with tabs for 26,28,30 and 32mm offsets so you could play with a lot of diff settings without buying new ones.
630-290-0972 if you're interested.

|

3/30/2017 8:42 AM

Any of the Odyssey forks are solid.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/30/2017 9:07 AM

animal 15mm street forks

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

3/30/2017 9:25 AM

JonnyGanja wrote:

animal 15mm street forks

Yeah I was looking at those as well but the other offset. Those clear 2.4 tires?

|

3/30/2017 9:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2017 9:45 AM

I just got the Odyssey R25 forks, and you should get them too! Lifetime warranty, light and strong, and they have a ton of clearance for big tires! I'm currently running a 2.5 and I bet I could run a bigger tire, maybe even a 2.6

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/30/2017 9:44 AM

Can't go wrong with anything odyssey but I've had the FBM's and they were super legit

|

Dax in Miami

I ride for:
Reklamation Bikes (Colorado)
London Bikes (Texas)

3/30/2017 9:51 AM

I had the original cb4k's when they first came out in the early 00's, they were awesome. I guess forks are forks though really. They hold your front wheel on. Odyssey is always a safe bet. Personally, I'd get either fbm, or another pair of pitchfork xlt's because I'm a brand snob

|

3/30/2017 10:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2017 10:47 AM

The BSD acid forks are street as f*ck. I'd put them up against odyssey any day. If you grind, I bet they hold up better than odysseys. The bottom of the fork leg completely protects the 6mm dropouts during grinds.

|

3/30/2017 11:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2017 11:07 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

The BSD acid forks are street as f*ck. I'd put them up against odyssey any day. If you grind, I bet they hold up better than odysseys. The bottom of the fork leg completely protects the 6mm dropouts during grinds.

That seem like a bad thing to me, I'd rather be grinding on the dropouts than the tubing. Seems a little sketchy to grind on the tubing. The Odyssey dropouts are completely out of the way so you're only grinding on the peg.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/30/2017 11:06 AM

Get the 990 mount Bottom Feeders. Lmao

|

3/30/2017 11:19 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

I second this.

"odyssey/sunday/thread" - sundaybmxrr

Either/or

|

3/30/2017 11:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2017 11:27 AM

I have cult ak 2.6 tires in my r25 forks and they fit nicely. I'd go for those

|

3/30/2017 12:13 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

That seem like a bad thing to me, I'd rather be grinding on the dropouts than the tubing. Seems a little sketchy to grind on the tubing. The Odyssey dropouts are completely out of the way so you're only grinding on the peg.

Yup, grinding on tubing just seems bad overall. If you're grinding on something besides the peg (hub and/or hubguard excluded) then something is not right.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/30/2017 12:15 PM

Pfff, don't use pegs, just use your dropouts. Problem solved

|

3/30/2017 12:34 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I know, right? Pegless smiths are so much more fun!

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

3/30/2017 12:38 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

I know, right? Pegless smiths are so much more fun!

I cheat and put a washer on when I do those. It's still not big enough to be considered a micro peg though, so that's allowed, right?

|

3/30/2017 1:23 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I cheat and put a washer on when I do those. It's still not big enough to be considered a micro peg though, so that's allowed, right?

Not at all, I've done it from time to time

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

3/30/2017 2:55 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I just got the Odyssey R25 forks, and you should get them too! Lifetime warranty, light and strong, and they have a ton of clearance for big tires! I'm currently running a 2.5 and I bet I could run a bigger tire, maybe even a 2.6

Damn man I didn't realize they were that big. That's awesome. Thanks for the pics

|

3/30/2017 2:56 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Hahaha hell no

|

3/30/2017 2:57 PM

Thanks guys. Think probably the odysseys are best. Especially with that warranty lol

|

3/30/2017 3:02 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

thairishguy wrote:

I second this.

Either/or

This made my day

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/30/2017 4:12 PM

thairishguy wrote:

I second this.

Either/or

ODYSSEY OR SUNDAY /THR--- oh shit, you got me covered thanks man

|

3/30/2017 8:58 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

thairishguy wrote:

I second this.

Either/or

sundaybmxRR wrote:

ODYSSEY OR SUNDAY /THR--- oh shit, you got me covered thanks man

Its something that I agree with heavily and cant really debate or argue.

Lol and front brake forks arent for everybody. Its almost like some sort of bretheren with those who use them.

|

3/30/2017 11:54 PM

LikeRats wrote:

Thanks guys. Think probably the odysseys are best. Especially with that warranty lol

steve crandall just cried

|

Dax in Miami

I ride for:
Reklamation Bikes (Colorado)
London Bikes (Texas)

3/31/2017 7:08 AM

LikeRats wrote:

Metalbmxer wrote:

steve crandall just cried

Hahaha tbh I'm still thinking about the fbm forks just bc I love fbm. Just not sure how well they clear 2.4 tires

|