Can't fakie out on a freecoaster

Related:
Create New Tag

11/27/2016 12:46 PM

So I just got a new bike with a freecoaster, and I can land my 180s and roll backwards, but when I turn around my foot slips down since there is so much slack on a freecoaster, and it makes it hard for me to land it cause i fall forward or to the side.

|

11/27/2016 1:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/27/2016 1:28 PM

Sounds like you've been relying on pedal pressure to get out of fakies, you don't want to do that on a freecoaster because as you've noticed it has some slack before it engages. It'll also break your coaster faster. Focus on not using pedal pressure to get out of fakies, just carve a lot and turn your wheel, then learn how to halfcab and or slider.

|

11/27/2016 3:06 PM

This thread made me laugh lol

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/27/2016 3:12 PM

JohnMolen wrote:

So I just got a new bike with a freecoaster, and I can land my 180s and roll backwards, but when I turn around my foot slips ...more

Try halfcabbing. There's no pedal pressure now that apparently you don't ride cassette no more, the thing works completely different.

|

11/27/2016 4:23 PM

FaggotSteve wrote:

Sounds like you've been relying on pedal pressure to get out of fakies, you don't want to do that on a freecoaster because as ...more

Not tryna threadjack, but does your username have anything to do with GrumpySteve?

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

11/27/2016 4:25 PM

If you don't like the freecoaster, just get a cassette lol

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

11/27/2016 6:43 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Same.

Learn how to halfcab without pedaling forwards or buy a cassette. These are your only options.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/27/2016 7:05 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Same.

Learn how to halfcab without pedaling forwards or buy a cassette. These are your only options.

That makes three of us.

Do what Tim said, it's the reality of a coaster.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

11/28/2016 8:28 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Not tryna threadjack, but does your username have anything to do with GrumpySteve?

No relation, like ice T and ice cube.

Give it another week at least before you go back to the cassette.

|

12/12/2016 12:53 PM

Two options on a free coaster. You either need to half cab with no pedal pressure or slide out by leaning back and turning the bars 90.You can use pedal pressure but it's highly frowned upon. To half cab allow your bike to pivot, turn your head and hop around the other direction.

|

- ShredAddix.com

12/14/2016 12:12 AM

Slide out

|

12/14/2016 8:56 AM

Don't listen to these fools just go faster it'll work I swear

|