Can't figure out how to pegs hard 180

Related:
Create New Tag

4/15/2020 5:10 AM

i have a subrosa street rail that i've been seshing pretty much since the lockdown started. Usually I fool around with smiths or tire rides but i can't figure out for the life of me how to double pegs hard 180. Im right foot forward and i spin to the left and grind on the right. Help?!

|

4/15/2020 6:22 AM

Do you already know how to feeble 180 off a ledge ?
Hope yes, that’s the same loop and spin feel but you have to pull harder and further, I am really bad at them I only landed a few with some luck and commitment but that shit is hard, good luck learning them man.

|

4/15/2020 6:23 AM

From a double peg, you just have to rip it around and try to move as far away from the rail as you can get.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/15/2020 6:59 AM

join the club.

I have not made one (properly) but i find the key to me getting off the rail clean with almost enough spin is to like over lean the bike then torque off. I think if i had a 2 more feet of rail to preload i'd be able to get it. maybe that will help you.

I saw that tip once in YT video, think it was ride.

|

4/15/2020 12:04 PM

Francky wrote:

Do you already know how to feeble 180 off a ledge ?
Hope yes, that’s the same loop and spin feel but you have to pull harder ...more

switch feeble 180 yes, but feeble hard 180 is all the same to me. It just seems like no matter how high I hop or how much i cork my body i just don't go around

|

4/15/2020 12:09 PM

jmz313 wrote:

join the club.

I have not made one (properly) but i find the key to me getting off the rail clean with almost enough spin is ...more

lean over the rail or away from the rail? my only luck getting any spin is practically riding off the rail and trying to 180 just as my rear peg leaves but i'm having no luck landing so far

|

4/15/2020 12:52 PM

I never really had these but when I got closest, it was always when I pulled my front end up REALLY high.

Like as if I was pulling my bars into my lap..?

and spin, twist, etc as hard as you can.

also, if doing them off the end of the rail helps you figure out the body motion. Go with that. Baby steps...

Get some clips so we can see what yer doing. smile

|

4/15/2020 1:31 PM

I remember trying these right before I quit pegs altogether. I had just learned feeble 180's, and thought double peg 180's would be very similar, but I was wrong. XD

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

4/15/2020 2:01 PM

obmoloc wrote:

lean over the rail or away from the rail? my only luck getting any spin is practically riding off the rail and trying to 180 ...more

Like with your weight centered for the grind.... push the bike into the rail leaning over then torque it the other way as you hop and spin . Does that make sense?

|

4/15/2020 10:42 PM

I lean into the rail then pull up and away really hard and it works for me that way

|

I believe in hub guard protection

4/16/2020 2:43 AM

When you're learning them you should try them like this: Land in the double peg with your weight a bit to the side that your about to spin, and you need to aim to land far away from the rail, like a metre away. And then once you can do them you will develop more of a pencil technique.

|

4/20/2020 7:59 AM

When I tried them I could only get 90° every damn time...

|

4/21/2020 1:00 PM

I recently got them locked in on my street rail (like, very recently landed without correction hops lol) I go at the rail at a slight angle, hop into it leaning a bit (try not to hop to much more than you need or it will throw you off) and make sure to compress so you can get a good lift and pop off hard. Keep that head turned and try to suck the back. Also hop on earlier than you think you want to as to make sure you have time to compress. Scary but necessary. I’ve probably popped 20 tubes learning it so have some on deck if you ride squishy tires like me

|