3/20/2017 5:54 PM

Trying my best but it's too fucking tight, both sides

Photo

|

3/20/2017 6:17 PM

stevegomez wrote:

Trying my best but it's too fucking tight, both sides

Photo

Is that an old tire? Possibly lost much of it's pliability. Any air in the tube? Let it all out. Perhaps put just a touch of baby powder along the bead, but don't overdo it as too much might cause the tire to slip in the future. Take it off and try again; everyone runs into this eventually. Keep at it.

|

3/20/2017 6:31 PM

Just go buy tire levers.

|

3/20/2017 6:39 PM

Sheldon. wrote:

Just go buy tire levers.

This. Pedro's yellow plastic tire levers- think they're like 2 for $6 at my LBS? I may have that wrong, but regardless they are cheap, work so well, and they are warrantied!

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

3/20/2017 6:39 PM

Get tire levers and muscle that tire on there. On my mountain bike I was changing a tube once, and to get the tire back on it took myself and 2 big guys to get the tire on. It's just pure strength.

On BMX it's been a pain in the ass for me to switch out tires, but like other people and myself have said, you just gotta muscle it on.

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

3/20/2017 6:43 PM

Honestly we've all been there haha even still sometimes I have issues , all depends on the tire .

You basically just have to muscle that bitch on tbh , always start at the tube nozzle thingy , and when putting the tire bead on make sure you push it down as close to where the bead is already in , don't try getting the middle part to go first !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short