Can't 180 Fakie

Related:
Create New Tag

4/9/2018 2:33 PM

I can't land this for the life of me, i ride a cassette and get about 4-5 cranks in the fakie but can't commit to turn around, i've tried leaning and turning out of it and half cabing out and can't seem to be able to do either one.

|

4/9/2018 2:35 PM

Practice, that's literally all it takes... just practice, and the more you practice the more you'll feel comfortable throwing a 180...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/9/2018 2:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/9/2018 2:38 PM

If it’s the fakie you’re struggling with practice the roll out only. Find a high enough curb or a wall and do a nose press against it and go into fakie and just practice your roll outs. I did that and could fakie easy once I got to 180s (I still suck at longer fakies, I roll out as soon as I land my 180s so like one or two cranks back)

|

An Indian on a small bike

4/9/2018 2:40 PM

KyleYSL wrote:

I can't land this for the life of me, i ride a cassette and get about 4-5 cranks in the fakie but can't commit to turn around, i've tried leaning and turning out of it and half cabing out and can't seem to be able to do either one.

I'm in the same boat. It's a lot to process to shift your weight, pedal backwards, commit to turning, turning the bars, etc etc.

I've literally been trying for months because I know once I get it, a whole new world of combinations opens up.

So with that...my best advice is to keep practicing. A lot. I spent 3 hours last friday night just nose pressing into the wall and back. Finally I ended up doing a tire-slider, then getting so frustrated I just said fuck it and tried to half cab. That's what I got to 90º and decided that it's only gonna get done if I put the time and effort in. Simple as that.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/9/2018 3:02 PM

KyleYSL wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I'm in the same boat. It's a lot to process to shift your weight, pedal backwards, commit to turning, turning the bars, etc etc.

I've literally been trying for months because I know once I get it, a whole new world of combinations opens up.

So with that...my best advice is to keep practicing. A lot. I spent 3 hours last friday night just nose pressing into the wall and back. Finally I ended up doing a tire-slider, then getting so frustrated I just said fuck it and tried to half cab. That's what I got to 90º and decided that it's only gonna get done if I put the time and effort in. Simple as that.

I'd say ye're overthinking it by a lot. Maybe, stop trying to make it work how ye think it should work and go by the feel and slowly change things to perfect it. That's how I've learned most things. When I started riding, I was always trying to force things to work a certain way: the way I saw it working in my head, and it took way longer to learn everything that way. I stopped trying to learn that way and just started "winging it" more than anything else and it really worked out. I learned more in the following 2 weeks than I'd learned in the previous 2 months!

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/9/2018 3:10 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

I'd say ye're overthinking it by a lot. Maybe, stop trying to make it work how ye think it should work and go by the feel and slowly change things to perfect it. That's how I've learned most things. When I started riding, I was always trying to force things to work a certain way: the way I saw it working in my head, and it took way longer to learn everything that way. I stopped trying to learn that way and just started "winging it" more than anything else and it really worked out. I learned more in the following 2 weeks than I'd learned in the previous 2 months!

I for sure think that is the problem because right before i go to attempt it, how the trick should look plays in my head so i end up just forcing something that isnt there, ive probably tried it over 50 times in the past 3-4 days but im slowly learning more about the trick and how it can be landed and how it should look.

|

4/9/2018 3:17 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

KyleYSL wrote:

I for sure think that is the problem because right before i go to attempt it, how the trick should look plays in my head so i end up just forcing something that isnt there, ive probably tried it over 50 times in the past 3-4 days but im slowly learning more about the trick and how it can be landed and how it should look.

Yeah, I'd say to stop worrying about how it looks until you've got it consistent. That's when you dial it in and get it to look how you want it to.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson