Cassette and Hub Issue Help

Related:
Create New Tag

11/21/2013 8:49 PM

Kind of weird problem i got going on with the back wheel. Got a usual odyssey sealed hub, bearings inside hub spin well, axel good, the area were the pawls go look good also. Got a 11t odyssey cassette, pawls look good, bearing spins good too. I have had this stuff on my bike for a few years with no problems.

I took my wheel off my frame and when i start tightening the drive side, the cassette gets so tight it doesn't move.

Picture the below when its all together :

Axel bolt - frame - then regular nut - washer - outside of cassette ( washer makes contact with outside of the bearing.)

Cassette sits inside the hub to engage with the pawls. - hub and bearings - cone nut - washer - frame - peg

Im not sure if the regular nut is supposed to be there after the frame or if im missing something. I notice when the nut gets tight, thats when the cassette stops spinning from being so tight. I tighten the cone nut finger tight. If im correct, the cone nut holds it mostly together after the regular nut is just finger tight too.

Anyone know how i could fix this?

|

11/21/2013 11:21 PM

can u take a picture

|

11/22/2013 8:21 AM

I can tonight.

|

11/22/2013 9:20 AM

Is there supposed to be a washer on the outside of the nut that holds the cassette on?

|

11/22/2013 12:14 PM

bUMP

|

11/22/2013 12:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2013 12:31 PM

What hub is it exactly? Sounds like you messed up the order or may be missing something..

Do you have a lock nut? like this one on the left
Photo

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/22/2013 1:11 PM

It does not look like the one on the left, looks like a plain old nut, thin like that though. The right one i have.

|

11/22/2013 1:13 PM

Same shape and everything for the one on the left, just doesnt got the cut out for a wrench and missing the groves.

|

11/22/2013 1:17 PM

How can i stop that lock nut from tighening up?

|

11/28/2013 11:41 PM

I have the same hub it should just be the cone then the drop out and just make it so there is just a little play in the driver

|