Related:
Create New Tag
jrobez jrobez
11/21/2013 8:49 PM

Kind of weird problem i got going on with the back wheel. Got a usual odyssey sealed hub, bearings inside hub spin well, axel good, the area were the pawls go look good also. Got a 11t odyssey cassette, pawls look good, bearing spins good too. I have had this stuff on my bike for a few years with no problems.

I took my wheel off my frame and when i start tightening the drive side, the cassette gets so tight it doesn't move.

Picture the below when its all together :

Axel bolt - frame - then regular nut - washer - outside of cassette ( washer makes contact with outside of the bearing.)

Cassette sits inside the hub to engage with the pawls. - hub and bearings - cone nut - washer - frame - peg

Im not sure if the regular nut is supposed to be there after the frame or if im missing something. I notice when the nut gets tight, thats when the cassette stops spinning from being so tight. I tighten the cone nut finger tight. If im correct, the cone nut holds it mostly together after the regular nut is just finger tight too.

Anyone know how i could fix this?

calvinchoii calvinchoii
11/21/2013 11:21 PM

can u take a picture

jrobez jrobez
11/22/2013 8:21 AM

I can tonight.

jrobez jrobez
11/22/2013 9:20 AM

Is there supposed to be a washer on the outside of the nut that holds the cassette on?

jrobez jrobez
11/22/2013 12:14 PM

bUMP

BMXism BMXism
11/22/2013 12:21 PM

What hub is it exactly? Sounds like you messed up the order or may be missing something..

Do you have a lock nut? like this one on the left
Photo

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

jrobez jrobez
11/22/2013 1:11 PM

It does not look like the one on the left, looks like a plain old nut, thin like that though. The right one i have.

jrobez jrobez
11/22/2013 1:13 PM

Same shape and everything for the one on the left, just doesnt got the cut out for a wrench and missing the groves.

jrobez jrobez
11/22/2013 1:17 PM

How can i stop that lock nut from tighening up?

dfornari dfornari
11/28/2013 11:41 PM

I have the same hub it should just be the cone then the drop out and just make it so there is just a little play in the driver

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP