Cassette hubs.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/21/2010 6:29 PM

Odyssey sells 48 hole rims and hubs on their site for extra cheap, because most people ride 36 spokes now, so they have extras. You can get an Odyssey Hazard Lite "cassette" hub for $40 and a G-sport "rear" hub for $25. I ride 25/9, and i've already got a 9T driver. Can i just throw that on the cheaper rear hub? Or do I need to get the more expensive cassette hub to throw a driver on? its not just a cog, its the whole driver off my old cassette hub.

|

6/21/2010 6:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/21/2010 6:31 PM

it all depends on the driver you have or what hub it came from, but the hub should have a driver on it already.

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr
*Vital's official Filipino!*

what. a g sport hub for 25 quid. id kill for that chance. also ul find often 9t drivers are one piece with the hub. also g sport hubs come with a driver anyway

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

kingshawty12 wrote:

it all depends on the driver you have or what hub it came from, but the hub should have a driver on it already.

THIS

|

RIDE THE BIKE FOOL!!!!!!!!

6/21/2010 6:33 PM

the g sport hub is a freewheel hub

if yoru driver is off a stock hub its probly joytech and its the same driver as odyssey

|

crystal meth

6/21/2010 6:33 PM

Verde. wrote:

what. a g sport hub for 25 quid. id kill for that chance. also ul find often 9t drivers are one piece with the hub. also g sport hubs come with a driver anyway

itss the old ass monkey front hub lol!

|

40+ Reffs on my profile Hit it up
IM LEGIT I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE 08' NIGGA

I AM BACKAGAIN4thTIME...
I ♥ yaya2893

6/21/2010 6:34 PM

Verde. wrote:

Blake El Gingero wrote:

itss the old ass monkey front hub lol!

was guna say, only time i got a ratchet for less than 120 quid i woke up 5 minutes later

|

Trails not Rails

6/21/2010 6:35 PM

Verde. wrote:

|

crystal meth

6/21/2010 6:37 PM

Verde. wrote:

Harry95 wrote:

i need to stop coming on here at 4am when im so tired i cant keep my eyes open

|

Trails not Rails

6/21/2010 6:39 PM

http://store.odysseybmx.com/gsportmonkeyhub-1.aspx
Here's the rear hub, i already have a cog and a driver, it is not a freecoaster, its just a rear hub without a driver.

|

6/21/2010 6:43 PM

WhiteKid wrote:

Here's the rear hub, i already have a cog and a driver, it is not a freecoaster, its just a rear hub without a driver.

that is a freewheel hub. smallest you can go on it is 13t. if you want a cassette get the odyssey one

|

crystal meth

6/21/2010 6:44 PM

WhiteKid wrote:

wont work, thats a freewheel hub, get this one and get an odyssey driver, unless yours is an odyssey, or one that fits ody hubs

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

6/21/2010 6:47 PM

what hub do you have? or what bike do you have?

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr

6/21/2010 6:49 PM

@harry95 and cschmall, thanks thats what i needed to know.
@kingshawty12, i have a build with a WTP frame and odyssey parts.

|

6/21/2010 6:51 PM

WhiteKid wrote:

no problem

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

6/21/2010 6:53 PM

WhiteKid wrote:

so if you have a wtp most likely it will have salt products stock, but if your hub is stock still it probably is a joytech but im not really sure, take a pic of your driver for us and we should be able to tell.

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr

6/21/2010 7:00 PM

it's not a wtp complete, the wheel was originally off a 09 United Supreme complete, i threw on a WTP frame with an odyssey fork/bars and other various parts, but the original hub was a 36 hole cassette hub off my old united rear wheel. I was planning on taking the 9T driver off of that and throwing it on the odyssey cassette.

|

6/21/2010 7:02 PM

WhiteKid wrote:

it's not a wtp complete, the wheel was originally off a 09 United Supreme complete, i threw on a WTP frame with an odyssey fork/bars and other various parts, but the original hub was a 36 hole cassette hub off my old united rear wheel. I was planning on taking the 9T driver off of that and throwing it on the odyssey cassette.

lemme check it out real quick.

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr

6/21/2010 7:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/21/2010 7:08 PM

WhiteKid wrote:

kingshawty12 wrote:

sorry no luck but... if your driver looks like this: it should fit.

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr

6/21/2010 7:10 PM

WhiteKid wrote:

kingshawty12 wrote:

kingshawty12 wrote:

tahs not gonna help. he needs to see teh back side of it. ile get a pic of mine in a minute

|

crystal meth

6/21/2010 7:17 PM

kingshawty12 wrote:

kingshawty12 wrote:

Harry95 wrote:

tahs not gonna help. he needs to see teh back side of it. ile get a pic of mine in a minute

if the pawls look like this it should work

|

crystal meth

6/21/2010 7:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 3:11 AM

kingshawty12 wrote:

Harry95 wrote:

Harry95 wrote:

if the pawls look like this it should work

or this. [img]http://www.danscomp.com/showfullimage.php?type=products&group=FREEWHEELS&image=461068--2.gif&title=ODYSSEY%20FREEWHEELS%20Odyssey%201-pc%20Cassette%20Driver[/img]

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr

6/22/2010 9:07 AM

Yeah, ill take it apart and check it out, thanks for your help.

|

6/22/2010 9:09 AM

WhiteKid wrote:

Yeah, ill take it apart and check it out, thanks for your help.

noooo prooobleeemmmmoooooo

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr