Cassette problems

Related:
Create New Tag

6/27/2013 1:53 PM

so i recently got an odyssey anti-gram like a month or two ago, and my lbs installed it for me. within the first couple weeks the cassette skipped on an average of one-two skips per day of riding. also, the wheel wont spin for more than 30 seconds when peddled and the driver is rather hard to spin. this is my first high end after market cassette and so far its disappointing compared to my old stock fit cassette, but i need this one for LHD. also the skipping stopped for about a month, but i just rode it today and had a small skip, anybody know if i should really be concerned about the skipping and drag?

|

6/27/2013 2:21 PM

contact odyssey about it, i just got one and it has skipped a few times but sometimes its hard to tell if its actually skipping or if its the chain causing a similar feeling and noise since i ride my wheel perfectly slammed so my chain is pretty tight

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/27/2013 2:44 PM

All hubs skip from time to time. Even my mix does every few days. As for not spinning, odyssey bearings need to break in. Degrease your hub and lightly oil it and you should be fine

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/27/2013 3:43 PM

i figured this would happen with most cassettes, but i go on pretty long bike rides everyday including a couple hills i bomb so its hard to believe there not broken in yet. it seems that with most parts whether its high end or low end it all depends on if you get a part that was machined really well.

|

6/27/2013 4:03 PM

The bearings don't really have anything to do with machining. The pawls and drive ring do but as I said all hubs skip sometimes.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/27/2013 10:32 PM

tomdon wrote:

All hubs skip from time to time. Even my mix does every few days. As for not spinning, odyssey bearings need to break in. ...more

I can proudly say my remix never did

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/27/2013 10:41 PM

take the driver out and un grease it, make sure the springs are clear of any grease that could stop it from having proper tension

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

6/28/2013 9:04 AM

tomdon wrote:

All hubs skip from time to time. Even my mix does every few days. As for not spinning, odyssey bearings need to break in. ...more

future FBM wrote:

I can proudly say my remix never did

lies the remix is by far the worst hub out there id buy an eastern hub with hub shell cut outs before i would buy another reskip

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/28/2013 9:05 AM

if your hub isnt spinning there is something wrong with it, my anti gram spins great

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/28/2013 9:55 AM

Well i suppose it spins fine and everything, but it just seemed to degrade pretty quickly without any hard riding

|