Cassette vs. Freecoaster

Related:
Create New Tag

12/18/2014 4:54 AM

Which is more durable and worth buying I know free coasters are slower but u don't have 2 back pedal I mainly ride street and some park riding

|

12/18/2014 4:56 AM

Freecoasters definitely spin better but....
Cassettes are more durable
Cassette/thread

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/18/2014 4:57 AM

cassette

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/18/2014 5:31 AM

A cassette is more strong than a freecoaster, but the real question is how you like to ride ?
You said street / park but you can ride that with both hubs...

And... You ride, so you have a bike, so you know how to ride a cassette, if you want to try something new, buy a coaster.

|

12/18/2014 5:35 AM

Francky wrote:

A cassette is more strong than a freecoaster, but the real question is how you like to ride ?
You said street / park but you ...more

I know I can ride with either hubs I was wondering which would b worth buying, but thanx 4 the help

|

12/18/2014 6:32 AM

The Blind is simple and I'd say changes the design of a coaster making it more durable and maintenance free similar to a cassette compared to khe styles

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

12/18/2014 7:22 AM

i ride a coaster, but if your a beginner ride a cassette or you may regret it

|

12/18/2014 9:06 AM

I'd say nowadays, coasting is ideal for street and park. Go for the eclat blind if you cant make up your mind!

If you do trails and stuff, it may not be the best choice.

I have a lot more fun on coasters because i can do a lot more on them, but i have just as much fun on a cassette because i can do whacky pivot tricks like 540 taps and 720 taps and plenty of other stuff.

For beginners, get a cassette. It helps with balance and control of the bike. Once you are intermediate and up, controlling a coaster isn't hard.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/18/2014 9:25 AM

The Horror Contact wrote:

The Blind is simple and I'd say changes the design of a coaster making it more durable and maintenance free similar to a ...more

have you laced and ridden yours yet?

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

12/18/2014 10:41 AM

Just stick with a cassette right now, seeing as you're a beginner.

|

12/18/2014 10:56 AM

I say coasters if you can afford it; they usually are more expensive. I have too many bills to pay to buy one, but I tried my friend's coaster bike and it was very fun to ride; it also felt smoother somehow.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

12/18/2014 8:32 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Freecoasters definitely spin better but....
Cassettes are more durable
Cassette/thread

this is basically all there is too it.. i mean freecoasters with maintenance can last and whatnot... but cassettes are kinda standard easy shit to work with.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "