Caught on camera-or not.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/21/2014 9:45 AM

I hate those moments when something AFV worthy happens on the bike and it doesn’t get caught on camera. This thread is for any story you would like to share about times when you really wish the camcorder was rolling.

I’ll start off with a story from yesterday, when two events happened that would make for awesome edit clips.
I have been doing a lot of footjams lately, and one time I messed up and went off balance in the middle of it. Out of panic, I reached out and grabbed a nearby handrail. I balanced out and fakied out of it safely. Then it hit me. I just did a really cool trick that I have never personally seen done before. So I tried it some more. Well one time I was doing it and everything was going good until the bar got caught on the rail and sent me to the ground. It was so funny that I’m sure I would have made big money on America’s Funniest Home Videos.
Another thing that happened yesterday was that I smoothly rolled out of my first footjam no-hander (I’m not sure if it is even a trick yet. I’ve never seen it before).

What are some of your moments that just needed to be up on the internet, but your friend with the Canon and the GoPro wasn't there? Share.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

5/21/2014 10:45 AM

I wish i'd been filming before this

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/21/2014 10:48 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

How long have you had the duct tape on your seat?

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

5/21/2014 11:26 AM

My buddy Dustan hit his nuts 5 times in one day riding, that was pretty funny.

Lots of things happen that are hilarious, but usually they run together after a couple weeks.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/21/2014 12:53 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Shortdude wrote:

How long have you had the duct tape on your seat?

I taped it in august.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/21/2014 3:16 PM

The first roof I jumped off of my friend's phone ran out of fucking storage and stopped recording before I jumped off!

I wish my friends and I would record the arguments we get in with douchebag people but we never think to.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/21/2014 4:06 PM

Friend was coming up a bank hopped out, into a sign. Face first.

|

5/21/2014 4:39 PM

Trying to ride along this brick work that has a drop that goes into a underground car park with a 2.7m drop. (What the sign above it says.
I said to my mate i'll give it a go first then the next day we will bring the camera in and film it. first try get to the end and go to hop off and the bloody front wheel slips and gets caught on the brickwork and i got sent onto the overhead walk way and only just was able to grab on with one hand.
Wish i had of filmed it so much.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/21/2014 4:57 PM

Sean Ricany did alot of footjam no handers when he was younger and not a barspin whore.

Also , AFV is mostly "fails" so purposely doing something dangerous isn't gonna win unless it's hilarious.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/21/2014 5:28 PM

Two of the funniest wrecks I've ever seen, I wish I would've been recording.

My friend was trying whips and the one time he tried one he forgot to move his legs out of the way when he kicked, so the frame just took his legs & he got sent to the ground in the funniest way possible.

Same kid, we were riding down the street going somewhere and he was twitching his bars back & forth going "WOAHHHH, WEEE, WOAHHHH, WEEE!" just being dumb, then out of nowhere he just ate shit. Seriously so funny to see, not so funny to talk about though.

|

5/21/2014 6:07 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Two of the funniest wrecks I've ever seen, I wish I would've been recording.

My friend was trying whips and the one time he tried one he forgot to move his legs out of the way when he kicked, so the frame just took his legs & he got sent to the ground in the funniest way possible.

Same kid, we were riding down the street going somewhere and he was twitching his bars back & forth going "WOAHHHH, WEEE, WOAHHHH, WEEE!" just being dumb, then out of nowhere he just ate shit. Seriously so funny to see, not so funny to talk about though.

Hahahahahah I would be your friends there.

I was riding down this steep ass hill with my friend telling hop how i was trying foot jams the day before but almost every time my foot would get stuck in between the top and bottom tube at the front and i demonstrated it to him and put in right in the wheel and went flying down the hill hahahaha. Hurt so much though

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/22/2014 6:50 AM

my friend (who is a pretty bad rider) tried to ride off my 2ft tall grindbox, and he pulled wayyy to early and dropped front wheel straight into the ground vertically, and face planted soooo hard! this was only like a week ago and it was hilarious

|

5/22/2014 8:04 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

Friend was coming up a bank hopped out, into a sign. Face first.

Here's your sign.

|

5/22/2014 8:06 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Sean Ricany did alot of footjam no handers when he was younger and not a barspin whore.

Also , AFV is mostly "fails" so purposely doing something dangerous isn't gonna win unless it's hilarious.

Dammit. I thought I had invented a new trick sad

|