Cavemans

Related:
Create New Tag

11/27/2019 6:17 AM

I recently learned a weird caveman-like trick where I stand and kinda kick the frame around in a tailwhip, jump and land on the bike. I do it off of small ledges and into flat banks.

I have yet to do a straight up caveman because I bail out everytime but I think it would be a fun trick to start off a line.

When you all do them, do you have the front foot side or weak foot side facing toward you?

I have had my weak side facing towards me and I just dont feel comfortable hopping on. I havent even tried the opposite side because it felt so weird to hold the bike like that but I am thinking it might be the correct side since I am able to hop on from that side when I do the tailwhip variation.

Any advice that I can try and work on?

|

11/27/2019 7:11 AM

I don’t play around with them much, but when I learned them, it was facing my front foot. I always thought that as long as I aimed for my front foot first, my back foot would find its way onto the pedal. Also because I felt like having my front foot land first would make the cranks angle in a way that makes my back pedal higher, therefore easier to catch with my back foot.

But then again, I suppose landing evenly with both feet is better lol, I’m sure someone else has better experience. XD

(Also, did you get my last reply to you in the Forum Edit thread? Just wanna make sure.)

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

11/27/2019 8:02 AM

Didn't know that's what this is called. I do it with front foot next to my bike, kick with my back foot, most of the spin is controlled by the bars and jump for the pedals. I can land most attempts but still a no go for flyout tailwhips.

|

11/27/2019 8:41 AM

4130Junkie wrote:

Didn't know that's what this is called. I do it with front foot next to my bike, kick with my back foot, most of the spin is controlled by the bars and jump for the pedals. I can land most attempts but still a no go for flyout tailwhips.

I can do the caveman whip (not sure thats what its called) im just having trouble with the straught up caveman.

|

11/27/2019 9:07 AM

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/27/2019 9:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/27/2019 10:00 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

I do these all the time and have always heard people deem them “nollie running man whips”, stoked that there’s an actual name for them haha

@OP; Front pedal facing you and just jump onto the bike.. You’re gonna bust your balls a few times learning hah

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/27/2019 10:30 AM

Eddie Roman....

do 'em enough and you'll be able to do them from either side of the bike, with either pedal forwards/ backwards and grabbing the seat with either hand.

I didn't know kids still did this trick.

|

11/27/2019 10:46 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I do these all the time and have always heard people deem them “nollie running man whips”, stoked that there’s an actual name for them haha

@OP; Front pedal facing you and just jump onto the bike.. You’re gonna bust your balls a few times learning hah

Ya, im thinking thats what im doing wrong. It just didnt feel right to have the back foot side towards me trying to jump on. It felt right holding it but not actually throwing it and trying to jump over it...

|