Chain

Related:
Create New Tag

10/6/2012 1:25 PM

i just snapped for the second time my half link chain (got it of a friends complete for free)
open to any suggestions

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

10/6/2012 1:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2012 1:36 PM

KMC z510hx, i've had one that lasted me like 2 years before it was so worn out from sprocket stalls that it finally gave way. If you want strength then don't get a half link, they're known to be weaker than a full length.

a lot of people talk about the Wippermann Connex 1G8 being the strongest available chain on the market tho
http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?Item=100043336

|

10/6/2012 1:41 PM

that chain is really good had it for a year and a half then snapped it anyway i was really looking forward to the odyssey keychain but i need one now
i think i'll get either a khe or a shadow or maybe the éclat diesel (pretty cheap!)

|

10/6/2012 1:47 PM

i have a Shadow half-link and it works just fine, but i don't really put much stress on my shit since i ride mostly trails anymore.

|

10/6/2012 1:56 PM

most of the riders i know have shadow chain i never actually cared about chains it's actually the first time i actually choose one in 2 years i think i'll just go shadow

|

10/6/2012 2:30 PM

the shadow is a good choice I ride one and its held up fine. I used to grind right side and im rhd and it hasent snapped or been damaged

|

10/6/2012 4:34 PM

shadow

|

10/6/2012 5:18 PM

As mentioned above, half-links are weaker than regular chains, they're also more susceptible to being installed wrong, they stretch, they weigh twice as much as a regular chain, and they cost more. The 510h/Odyssey Bluebird are the strongest chains on the market, if you get a bluebird it has a factory half-link installed too.

But of course you can just buy the same thing all your friends have, that will make you cool.

|

10/6/2012 5:55 PM

shadow or eclat diesel both sick chains

|

10/6/2012 6:01 PM

im waiting for the new shadow chain, then i might get a half link

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

10/6/2012 6:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2012 6:33 PM

[LINK TO IMAGE]
The chain on the left is a Walmart bike type chain. The one on the right is the KMC 710, which kept separating on me. The center is my current chain, the Wipperman connex 1G8. Below is installed, obviously. It doesn't like square driver teeth or drivers below 10t.
[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/6/2012 8:08 PM

if this half link i have goes out i'm gonna get a Wipperman but sad story is that i have a 9t driver :/ ....well i am getting a new wheel and i don't have a problem with getting a 10t driver for it.

|

10/6/2012 8:14 PM

I ordered the 10t when I ordered the ratchet. I had to round the tips of the teeth to get it to mesh properly. Not something most of these kids would want to do, but you have some mechanical knowlage, so pretty easy for you.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/6/2012 8:29 PM

I've never had issues with shadow chains. mine got to be two years before i snapped it on a missed grind.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

10/6/2012 8:38 PM

ive run shadow chains most of my riding life lol never had a problem till u aqproach the one year mark they start getting streched and a lil sloppy. i am cruently running a kmc 710 sl chain more of a racing/trails style chain but its really nice

if u destroy chains or crankarm grind and grind 4 pegs geta wipperman it wont work with odyssey sprokets or gsport drivers unless u mod em but ther are literally 3 times stronger than any pother chain on market but they cost like 65 bucks

|

rebuilding my refs post old acount sticky.
tcbmx(x6), scramhype, beastassdick,droogskull,SuperstarDK(x20),Warchol02(x2),Deehos(x2),Rysbrnr,Ecuadevil,White Knight(x2),Netty spagetti,dysonday,kurknut,king swag,Bmx,the bmxist(x2),Genisis

10/7/2012 3:42 AM

id get the Wipperman connex 1G8 but i have a 9t driver
i'll just get the shadow

|

10/7/2012 6:09 AM

A chain is a chain, you can find one at K-Mart for around $7 and will last a decent amount of time, you could buy 4 of these chains and not have to worry about buying a new chain, instead of spending $20 - $40 on a chain, but yeah if you really want to spend that much then go with the shadow chain.

|

10/7/2012 9:08 AM

yeh i know i just want something that will last
i can get the éclat for cheap 15 so not that bad

|

10/7/2012 11:49 AM

Trev wrote:

A chain is a chain, you can find one at K-Mart for around $7 and will last a decent amount of time, you could buy 4 of these chains and not have to worry about buying a new chain, instead of spending $20 - $40 on a chain, but yeah if you really want to spend that much then go with the shadow chain.

This is not true. In the pic above, the chain to the left snapped on my first crank, literally. I got it at my lbs, they said its the standard replacement chain they use.

|

10/13/2012 1:29 AM

Trev wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

This is not true. In the pic above, the chain to the left snapped on my first crank, literally. I got it at my lbs, they said its the standard replacement chain they use.

No chain no matter how cheap would snap on one crank. It's what any chain is made for.... if this isn't obvious. BUT it had to have been defective.

|

10/13/2012 12:46 PM

Trev wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

NextGenesis88 wrote:

No chain no matter how cheap would snap on one crank. It's what any chain is made for.... if this isn't obvious. BUT it had to have been defective.

this^^ it might have been defective or it was made out of dead easter bunnies

|

10/13/2012 2:51 PM

NextGenesis88 wrote:

Kinda goes without saying.

|

10/13/2012 3:53 PM

BTW saw that Sean Burns rides with a wipperman ... that says it all

|

10/13/2012 7:47 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

NextGenesis88 wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

Kinda goes without saying.

It kinda says without going.

|

10/14/2012 12:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2012 12:36 AM

Bone deth is coming to our new England jam chowda event! Burns stopped by our shop already yesterday so I hope he will be there! I wish I posted stuff about the jam on here I don't know why I never thought of it... Fail.

|