Chain

Related:
Create New Tag

3/22/2020 11:02 AM

Hello, I want to buy one of the following chains. What could be the best? I just want one that can last a long time.

1. Chain Cinema Sync half link
Photo
2. Chain eclat stroke half link
Photo
3. Chain bsd 1991 half link
Photo
4. Chain cult p121 half link
Photo
Thanks in advance!

|

3/22/2020 4:48 PM

I wouldn't recommend a standard half-link chain. If you are looking for a half link, the only one thats proven is the Shadow Supreme. Otherwise, I say you should go for a standard full-link.

|

3/22/2020 4:57 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I wouldn't recommend a standard half-link chain. If you are looking for a half link, the only one thats proven is the Shadow Supreme. Otherwise, I say you should go for a standard full-link.

Thanks for your answer. I have never used a half link chain. I always thought that half link chains were used by professional riders because they are of better quality.

|

3/22/2020 5:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/22/2020 5:10 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

hnld14 wrote:

Thanks for your answer. I have never used a half link chain. I always thought that half link chains were used by professional riders because they are of better quality.

They are cool looking and people like them because of their ability to easily adjust to any length chainstay. They are also intended to prevent the plates from peeling in the event of a bad grind. They make full-link chains with a single half-link segment to be able to have the adjustability of a full half-link chain.

Half-link chains are infamous for their "stretch". Not in a good way, the chains prematurely wear out sprocket and driver teeth. The Shadow Supreme chain is made from forged plates that reduce the "stretch" nature of a half-link chain. Plus they have a lifetime warranty.

A standard half-link chain is made up of bent plates that always want to return to their original flat state.

|

3/22/2020 5:22 PM

Plus, half link chains has twice as many parts to wear in, further contributing to the stretch factor..

|

3/22/2020 5:27 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Plus, half link chains has twice as many parts to wear in, further contributing to the stretch factor..

Does that mean that half-link chains break more frequently?

|

3/22/2020 5:29 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

hnld14 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

They are cool looking and people like them because of their ability to easily adjust to any length chainstay. They are also intended to prevent the plates from peeling in the event of a bad grind. They make full-link chains with a single half-link segment to be able to have the adjustability of a full half-link chain.

Half-link chains are infamous for their "stretch". Not in a good way, the chains prematurely wear out sprocket and driver teeth. The Shadow Supreme chain is made from forged plates that reduce the "stretch" nature of a half-link chain. Plus they have a lifetime warranty.

A standard half-link chain is made up of bent plates that always want to return to their original flat state.

Thanks for your information, it is very useful.

|

3/22/2020 7:44 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

hnld14 wrote:

Not necessarily, but in theory, chances of breaking are twice as much..

|

3/22/2020 9:03 PM

Shadow supreme is the only chain right now the reat of that shit isn’t worth the safety risk, chains are one of those things that should be the most durable part on the bike in my opinion of course

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

3/22/2020 9:07 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

hnld14 wrote:

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

They should have the same amount of parts. The only difference in parts count would be the length of the chain.

|

3/22/2020 10:08 PM

I used to hate half links till I got a shadow v2. Shit kicks ass.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/22/2020 10:10 PM

hnld14 wrote:

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Wayne S wrote:

They should have the same amount of parts. The only difference in parts count would be the length of the chain.

Wow, you're right, I was thinking about it wrong.. My posts are negated above^

Thanks for setting me straight on that!

|

3/23/2020 11:45 AM

hnld14 wrote:

The main concern about half link chains stretching is accelerated wear on your sprocket and driver. It does weaken the chain as well, but not significantly. People are starting to turn away from half link chains because they're heavier and more expensive without providing any real benefits.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

3/23/2020 7:28 PM

Odyssey bluebird or keychain are full links with a half link pre installed so you can have the fine tuning benefits of a half link and benefits of a full link

|

I like riding my bike.

3/23/2020 7:38 PM

None of them. Get any full link KMC.

|

3/24/2020 9:39 AM

BMXism wrote:

I have the Shadow Interlock V2, not sure I agree with you though. The links tend to work loose on the pins, I've had to pinch them all down, and it came apart once so far. Might try a different half link after the lock down ends

|

Remember when you could ride all day and not be sore for a week?
Instagram: @theothermaj

3/24/2020 1:28 PM

BMXism wrote:

MJbmx wrote:

I have the Shadow Interlock V2, not sure I agree with you though. The links tend to work loose on the pins, I've had to pinch them all down, and it came apart once so far. Might try a different half link after the lock down ends

Hah! Reading your reply made me realize there are two interlocks. I thought the 'supreme' was the v2 of the 'interlock'. Stupid post, my bad. Been over 10 years since I last messed with a half link... I feel like a newb again. Lol

Try the shadow supreme. If that didn't exist, I'd stay away from half links. Probably going to try the flybikes tractor on my other ride.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/24/2020 3:18 PM

Been using a tracktor chain for a while, best chain for me so far.

|

3/24/2020 3:39 PM

Cellmember wrote:

I had one before it lasted over a year but it ended up twisting up in a weird way after hitting on a rail, id say its one of the top chains

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

3/24/2020 4:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/24/2020 4:38 PM

Cellmember wrote:

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

I had one before it lasted over a year but it ended up twisting up in a weird way after hitting on a rail, id say its one of the top chains

I had one of those Kool chains the super lights when they came out, always kept it clean, lubed never damaged it on anything and the thing just snaps on me going up a hill, ass over head I went, never again, worst chain ever, was only about 6 months old. So weak.

|