Chain breaker

Related:
Create New Tag

9/7/2017 10:57 AM

I was just wandering about what you guy think is the best chain breaker. I will probably get the chain breaker by park just seeing if there's anything better.

|

9/7/2017 11:03 AM

Park Tools are GREAT.

IF you run a half link-find out if the one you choose is compatible-some don't work well with them.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/7/2017 11:09 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Park Tools are GREAT.

IF you run a half link-find out if the one you choose is compatible-some don't work well with them.

Ok thanks will do

|

9/7/2017 11:18 AM

What would say about shadow chain breakers?

|

9/7/2017 12:18 PM

Will_Foxhall wrote:

What would say about shadow chain breakers?

They are recommend for half links. I've never had an issue w a 9 dollar lacasa or a park tool.

|

9/7/2017 2:06 PM

Yeah I just have one of the generic park tool chaon breaker and its been fine.... I really want one of the Odyssey chain breakers though...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/7/2017 9:23 PM

Shadow chain breakers are recommended for half links but work just as well with full link chains too. I've never had any issues using mine and the little pin that comes with it to help keep your chain lined up when adding a link is very useful

Whatever you get just make sure you use it right and don't force the chain breaker cause that's how you break them and a lot of people will do that then blame the chain breaker when it was their own fault

|

9/7/2017 11:16 PM

I use the park tools chain breaker at work. The pins snap fairly easily. I use it a lot, but I've snapped or bent them after a few uses before.
I use the shadow one at home (and keep it in my bag incase someone comes in with a half link chain) and it's awesome

|

9/8/2017 9:09 AM

I use a park tool chainbreaker, I've used it with halflinks with no issues. But depending on your halflink chain, it might not work.

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen