Chain breaker broke... so not cool

Related:
Create New Tag

6/14/2013 11:46 AM

I was all excited finally got my tube and chain in the mail..... got my tires all sorted out..... got to break off some links on my new dropbuster chain and bam.... the chain breaker pin breaks... And im really pissed off. Waited 2 weeks to get my chain now i have to go to walmart to get a chain breaker until i can buy one from empire. Just felt like venting.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/14/2013 11:55 AM

Damn that blows bro

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

6/14/2013 11:58 AM

Sunlite mini chainbreaker is amazing & only 10 $. Ive lost 2 of them & just bought 2 more. They might look weak but theyre not.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

6/14/2013 12:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2013 12:02 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Sunlite mini chainbreaker is amazing & only 10 $. Ive lost 2 of them & just bought 2 more. They might look weak but theyre not.

where can i find em

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/14/2013 12:02 PM

is this it?Sun lite

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/14/2013 12:07 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

no no no no. dont get a small chainbreaker with the dropbuster, the thick plates wont go in and the pins are normally really tough to get out, get a normal cheap chainbreaker for it and be careful! or else you will want to die. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/14/2013 12:08 PM

Get the full sized park one if you wanna be changing stuff. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/14/2013 12:10 PM

Jesus christ...... im just going to use walmart chainbreakers

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/14/2013 12:12 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

lol did it break already?

|

6/14/2013 12:14 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

Shadow2 wrote:

No just so much trouble... like really? i have to buy a certain chainbreaker?

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/14/2013 12:17 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

Shadow2 wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

that's wally world for you when I bought my sprocket and chain the store I bought it from they put the parts on for me

|

6/14/2013 12:19 PM

Shadow2 wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

Shadow2 wrote:

that's wally world for you when I bought my sprocket and chain the store I bought it from they put the parts on for me

Im gonna start buying from empire since i live in austin lol. ordering from danscomp in such a pain the the ass.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/14/2013 12:23 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

Shadow2 wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

Im gonna start buying from empire since i live in austin lol. ordering from danscomp in such a pain the the ass.

I never knew about empire till the other day I ordered my bike,bars and pedals off dans

|

6/14/2013 12:24 PM

I've broke two now haha it's fucking annoying.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/14/2013 12:35 PM

Four wrote:

I've broke two now haha it's fucking annoying.

Well i barely had the money for the dropbuster and now i gotta buy a fucking chainbreaker... it pisses me off

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/14/2013 12:52 PM

I broke 2 walmart breakers putting on my Dropbuster.
I then purchased the sunlite. Best chainbreaker ever. Better than the shadow I broke.

|

Instagram

6/14/2013 12:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2013 7:38 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

no no no no. dont get a small chainbreaker with the dropbuster, the thick plates wont go in and the pins are normally really tough to get out, get a normal cheap chainbreaker for it and be careful! or else you will want to die. haha

Bull fucking shit. Its not that small its actually one of the best chainbreakers ive owned.
Ive owned 2 walmarts, 1 shadow & 4 sunlites because I always lose the sunlites.
I had a dropbuster & only the sunlite was able to break it.

|

Instagram

6/14/2013 12:55 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

is this it?Sun lite

Yes. When you order you get a different brand that is slightly bigger & better.

|

Instagram

6/14/2013 1:03 PM

Not a
Photo
Iv'e had a park tc-3 for 17+ years.Had to replace the pin once.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

6/14/2013 1:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2013 1:09 PM

I'm on the verge of just beating someone with a baseball bat... Now i have to wait until i get some money to order a chainbreaker. Not cool at all.

Im just gonna put my tires on my brothers bike and ride that shit until it breaks.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/14/2013 2:33 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

I then purchased the sunlite. Best chainbreaker ever. Better than the shadow I broke.

I also broke the shadow chain breaker

|

DialedGuerraBmx

6/14/2013 7:09 PM

I've been using a $3 shipped chainbreaker from Hong Kong that I bought from eBay for the past year and it's still going. Used it on all sorts of chains including the Shadow Interlock V2.

Off topic but Boba Fett is one of my favourite characters from Star Wars. Here's a drawing I did of him with a computer mouse hahahah.
http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/fantasy-art/902879.html

|

6/14/2013 7:15 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Bull fucking shit. Its not that small its actually one of the best chainbreakers ive owned.
Ive owned 2 walmarts, 1 shadow & 4 sunlites because I always lose the sunlites.
I had a dropbuster & only the sunlite was able to break it.

Idk man, maybe yours was different but the plates on my chain were too wide for it. Even the small park one wouldnt do it, i had to use my other bigger chainbreaker.

|

6/14/2013 7:33 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

What? wrote:

I also broke the shadow chain breaker

I broke my shadow one also. sad

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

6/15/2013 1:13 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

I broke my shadow one also. sad

Lol, I lent mine out to a friend, so I learned my lesson on not lending stuff out all the time. I have the Park tool one now though lol

|

DialedGuerraBmx

6/16/2013 11:00 AM

Since you live in Austin, just go to Empire BMX and ask nicely if you could borrow a chainbreaker for a second.

|

6/16/2013 1:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/16/2013 1:17 PM

brianoob wrote:

I've been using a $3 shipped chainbreaker from Hong Kong that I bought from eBay for the past year and it's still going. Used it on all sorts of chains including the Shadow Interlock V2.

Off topic but Boba Fett is one of my favourite characters from Star Wars. Here's a drawing I did of him with a computer mouse hahahah.

Narrr man Jango!

Oh and to OP; I break loads of chain breakers, like to the point I don't even wanna take this extra link outta my chain LOL.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/17/2013 12:14 PM

I have a parktools chainbreaker......only way to go......unless you like wasting money and breaking chain breakers from walmart

|

6/17/2013 12:16 PM

brianoob wrote:

Dude Boba Fett is the fucking bomb

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/17/2013 12:17 PM

I got a local bike shop to put it on... they charged 8 bucks and said if it pops bring it in with my receipt and they will put it on for free again... i guess if it pops in the first few months its considered an installment error

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨