Chain keeps slipping help!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/10/2018 11:19 AM

Hi. Probably a newb question. But my chain keeps slipping , I ride my bmx 7 mile to work and it’s loose by the time I get there. I hav pegs and hub guards and I’m wondering what it could be? Is it just the nuts moving in the dropouts or the hub guard ? Any help appreciated

|

5/10/2018 11:33 AM

Get the breaker bar out.

|

5/10/2018 12:03 PM

Yep. Sounds like your wheel is moving forward. Common problem if your guards or pegs are plastic. If your dropouts/chain allow it, try slamming your wheel as far into the dropouts as possible and remove some chain (how much will depend if you have half links and how much room there is in the dropouts)

|

5/10/2018 12:10 PM

If you can fit them, grab some external chain tensioners. I had redlines for a while. Served me pretty well, but just be careful of your axle threads.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/10/2018 12:29 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

If you can fit them, grab some external chain tensioners. I had redlines for a while. Served me pretty well, but just be ...more

I do a lot of grinding so would just ruin them.

|

5/10/2018 12:34 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

If you can fit them, grab some external chain tensioners. I had redlines for a while. Served me pretty well, but just be ...more

HarrySpikeMunro wrote:

That didn't bother us 20 years ago.

|

5/10/2018 12:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/10/2018 12:51 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

HarrySpikeMunro wrote:

There's a VEERRRRRY negligible amount of material sticking below the dropout and pegs. It won't prevent you from grinding, and they won't disintegrate.

Also, do you have lock washers? These help the nuts stay tight

https://ec-i21.geccdn.net/site/images/large/NO1_1523.jpg

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.