Chain snaps

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2019 9:37 AM

Hi guys, so every time I go out to ride my bmx the chain starts to click and then a few minutes of pedalling later, the chain snaps off from the back hub. My bmx has a new chain and sprocket. Would anyone know the issue ? Also, my sprocket keeps coming loose so this might be a factor as to why the chain comes off but any help would be appreciated

|

5/14/2019 9:48 AM

Install error, more than likely...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/14/2019 10:39 AM

Since you say you have a new chain and sprocket, it could be a worn driver. Could also be that you have an chainline alignment issue.

|

5/14/2019 1:24 PM

So your sprocket moves? And logic hasn’t told you to sort that out? Or that it’s probably the reason your chain falls off?

|

5/14/2019 7:24 PM

How loose is your chain? If your wheel isn't pulled back enough to create tension, he chain will easily slide off when jostled around.

But also as said above, if your sprocket isn't tight, that's likely the problem.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn