Chain tension problem. Help!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

12/28/2016 9:04 AM

I have taken off my pegs recently because they have been destroying my bike (and i need to focus on other tricks) and one of the things thats happened is i can tighten my chain for some reason. The tension is fine untill i start tightening the drive side bolt then it sags, ive tried tightening the drive side with a spanner on the non drive dise cone but this pushes the non drive side of the wheel to be pushed against my frame and run. Help plz!

|

12/28/2016 11:22 AM

AC BMX321 wrote:

I have taken off my pegs recently because they have been destroying my bike (and i need to focus on other tricks) and one of ...more

Pull your wheel with your hand so it's center and tighten both sides a little bit at a time ?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/28/2016 12:11 PM

Tighten the non drive side, then push your wheel straight and tighten the drive side. If it's still slack, loosen the non drive side, and push the wheel from the drive side near the seat tube to force the axle further back in the dropout, and re tighten, then loosen the drive side, straighten your wheel and tighten again. Sounds like either your wheel is out of dish or the axle is bent

|

12/28/2016 2:49 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Tighten the non drive side, then push your wheel straight and tighten the drive side. If it's still slack, loosen the non ...more

Ive tried pretty much everything. It seems like my cones are too loose bc they move when i try to tighten the wheel but ive tightened my cones and its still not working. Is it mt frame or wheel?

|

12/28/2016 8:25 PM

It could be the thread.

Does it happen after a bit of riding, or does it do it as you are fidgeting it into place?

If it happens after a few rides, maybe check your front chainring? It could be oval. Or check it also for some wear-you won't believe how much a chain can eat into soft alu.

And a picture of the situation would be nice too.

It could really help us. A word picture isn't too effective...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

12/29/2016 12:16 AM

Skylight wrote:

It could be the thread.

Does it happen after a bit of riding, or does it do it as you are fidgeting it into place?

If it ...more

I will take a video today but it hapoens as im tightening my wheel I pull my wheel back and the chain is tight then i begin tightening the bolt and the chain sags.

|