Chain wobble

Related:
Create New Tag

2/14/2017 5:53 PM

How much is your chain supposed to wobble? Is it normal for it to make noise after jumps

|

2/14/2017 6:20 PM

If it is lubed(actual chain lube, not WD-40 or the likes) and it is at the correct tension, there should be no noise from it.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/14/2017 7:36 PM

ya just make sure its lubed and tite

|

2/15/2017 5:07 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

If it is lubed(actual chain lube, not WD-40 or the likes) and it is at the correct tension, there should be no noise from it.

What about noise from it smacking the metal on my bike?

|

2/15/2017 6:05 AM

moistureized wrote:

What about noise from it smacking the metal on my bike?

Means it's not tight enough, the chain should be just tight enough that there's no wobble and just loose enough that it doesn't make it harder to spin the cranks.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/15/2017 6:25 AM

No it shouldn't make any noise. If it's slapping against your frame, it will eventually wear a hole right through your chainstay. I like my chain pretty loose. Just loose enough that it doesn't slap when I drop my bike.

|

2/15/2017 10:05 PM

As others have said, check the chain tension. If that doesn't eliminate the problem, make sure your chain alignment is fairly straight and not too far off.

|