ChainReactionCycles

Related:
Create New Tag

6/12/2013 11:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2013 11:36 PM

Hey guys, i'm currently deciding which bike to get, it's going to be my first bike and my budget is pretty tight, it's 450-500nzd so about 356-400usd. I'm 14 and currently trying to find a job and selling my old stuff so I really dont want to go over my budget.

Currently i've been looking at the 2012 Subrosa Tiro, 2012 Stolen Stereo and the 2012 Cult cc00, since i live in New Zealand I cant order from Vein or Danscomp as the Shipping prices would be ridiculous(unless free shipping?), the only site i can choose from is ChainReactiion as shipping is free for orders over 400nzd.

Im leaning towards the Cult cc00 as it is fully sealed. I am also purchasing 4 pegs and a g3 gyro setup which totals to $500.85 with the Cult cc00, would this be a good choice? I probably will upgrade parts as i progress and places that sell BMXs here are more expensive than buying from CRC

|

6/13/2013 12:17 AM

the cult is a good bike and who gives a fuck about the brand image.

|

Bruh

6/13/2013 12:25 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

the cult is a good bike and who gives a fuck about the brand image.

Aight, thanks for the response :D

|

6/13/2013 12:28 AM

Isn't there a decent mail order in NZ?

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/13/2013 12:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2013 12:36 AM

Gump wrote:

Isn't there a decent mail order in NZ?

last time i went on danscomp its 300(not sure if usd or nzd) to ship a complete so i guess not, CRC is free on orders over 400nzd so its a win for me i guess

edit: imma try a aus site, feel so dumb not thinking of this in the first place.

|

6/13/2013 12:37 AM

Also been thinking I dare say it won't be free international shipping cause that's wasting a lot of money like $200 to ship a complete

|

6/13/2013 12:40 AM

If going aussie site talk to backbone. They have always looked after me and I'm prob further away from them than you are, I'm in wa.

|

6/13/2013 12:41 AM

Gump wrote:

Also been thinking I dare say it won't be free international shipping cause that's wasting a lot of money like $200 to ship a complete

yeah, it is, I might just grind it out to get a colony descendant complete from somewhere round where i live.

|

6/13/2013 12:45 AM

Also chain reaction is in the uK they would be have a bloody high cost for anything, the UK exchange rate to your money is bloody high

|

6/13/2013 1:01 AM

Gump wrote:

If going aussie site talk to backbone. They have always looked after me and I'm prob further away from them than you are, I'm in wa.

Okay will do thanks :D

|

6/13/2013 1:16 AM

I'm so blowing up this thread.

If your budgets tight try looking for a 2nd custom/complete. I'm sure NZ has an equiverlant of gum tree or something. Or eBay

|

6/13/2013 1:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2013 1:21 AM

Yeah, we got trademe, kinda reluctant to buy a second hand bmx, right now i might just try get a bit more funds to buy a complete from crc or bmxmafia or backbone

|

6/13/2013 1:32 AM

tbh if you can get a 2nd hand custom, it should be well looked after as it's custom haha

|

Bruh

6/13/2013 1:41 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

tbh if you can get a 2nd hand custom, it should be well looked after as it's custom haha

Yeah i guess, imma continue huntin for a good deal haha :D

|

6/13/2013 2:06 AM

get a bike of bmx.co.nz matt is real great and always looks after me, not that i really buy from them anymore cause i just buy off dans, albes etc now, beware, if your order+shipping is over 400 nzd prepare to be charged gst(15%) when it hits customs, sometimes you get lucky but sometimes you dont ha.

|

6/13/2013 2:49 AM

If the second hand ones are ads either pm me or post them in the main forum and we could give you a good idea if its worth the money or not

|

6/13/2013 9:00 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

get a bike of bmx.co.nz matt is real great and always looks after me, not that i really buy from them anymore cause i just buy off dans, albes etc now, beware, if your order+shipping is over 400 nzd prepare to be charged gst(15%) when it hits customs, sometimes you get lucky but sometimes you dont ha.

im looking at a colony complete off them atm and the customs thing is a bummer :/ oh well

Thanks for all the help guys

|

6/14/2013 2:04 AM

ItsJustMe wrote:

Yeah, we got trademe, kinda reluctant to buy a second hand bmx, right now i might just try get a bit more funds to buy a complete from crc or bmxmafia or backbone

honestly used customs are a knar deal... super good stuff for cheap

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "