Chainless

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2017 10:28 AM

Does anyone ride chainless? My chain snapped 2 days ago so lately i been riding chainless. And it feels super weird.

|

2/28/2017 11:30 AM

I saw a YouTube video ages ago of some deaf guy that rides chainless. He was pretty good too

|

2/28/2017 11:33 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I saw a YouTube video ages ago of some deaf guy that rides chainless. He was pretty good too

I saw that too! Dude was awesome!

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

2/28/2017 11:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2017 11:36 AM

This guy?

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

2/28/2017 11:37 AM

lost my masterlink once and rode chainless for like 2 months till i got a freecoaster. you get used to it and eventually stop expecting to pedal and smashing you knee on the stem but its definitely not the best situation to be in

|

2/28/2017 11:45 AM

i have masterlink on my chain just because its fun switching to ghetto coaster sometimes laughing

|

2/28/2017 11:47 AM

I would never ride chainless or with a freecoaster! My knees are really bad as it is

|

2/28/2017 12:23 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

This guy?

Yes that's it! Completely forgot how good he was actually! And he's got nice style, really enjoyable to watch.

I couldn't ride chainless though, getting used to the slack on a freecoaster was bad enough!

|

2/28/2017 2:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2017 2:18 PM

I've done it before , it sucks , hard to get speed , I always go riding with a backpack extra links and a chainbreaker

|

2/28/2017 3:06 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

This guy?

This guy had to be the ultimate master of flow, lots of respect.

|

2/28/2017 3:40 PM

I have when I have broken a chain.

It's fun for a little bit or when you ride somewhere you can flow/pump around.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/28/2017 3:46 PM

Riding chainless is funny, keep the flow going and try some lines fakie lines, it's like a coaster, not for everyday tho because pedaling is just far too important.
Fix your chain tho, if you want to have fun doing that sometimes, just take your sprockey bolt off.

Check some chainless flow

|

2/28/2017 3:51 PM

A local ex-pro, davey Watson, rode chainless AND gripless for quite a while... I ran into him one time when he was riding like that, but that was before I knew who he was.

I used to take off my chain from time to time when I rode a cassette to simulate a freecoaster. Pretty fun, but bad for transportation.

|

2/28/2017 4:28 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

A local ex-pro, davey Watson, rode chainless AND gripless for quite a while... I ran into him one time when he was riding like ...more

he sold his grips and chain and shoes for drugs.

|

2/28/2017 4:30 PM

I've taken off my sprocket before too and that was pretty fun.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/28/2017 6:25 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

A local ex-pro, davey Watson, rode chainless AND gripless for quite a while... I ran into him one time when he was riding like ...more

pnj wrote:

he sold his grips and chain and shoes for drugs.

Yup, I've heard the stories.

I've also heard that when he was still sponsored by animal, he'd break his parts intentionally, they'd send him new ones, and then he'd sell them for drug money. Not sure if that's 100% accurate.

|

2/28/2017 11:10 PM

I've ridden chainless many a time before getting a coaster. Funny thing, now that I actually have a coaster wheel, I rarely ride it, haha.

I think there was a video posted a long time ago either by Vital or some other website. Dude had flat pedals with grip tape and no sprocket with a front wheel for both front and rear. It was awesome seeing things like tire taps using pure balance and forwards crankflips n' such.

I also saw that video posted above, now that I think about it, he was wayyy ahead of us in terms of riding, haha!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/2/2017 2:33 AM

joshcooldude wrote:

lost my masterlink once and rode chainless for like 2 months till i got a freecoaster. you get used to it and eventually stop ...more

That's nothing I ran chainless for 7 months and took my bike everywhere it was like a scooter

|

I once walked into a gay bar it did not end well