Chains?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/21/2010 1:15 AM

I just snapped a chain which i though was a shadow 1/2 link which i payed $54.99 for a year ago..Turns out i got a YBN MK918 which are worth $34.99

Now i'm looking for a new chain, Should i get a shadow or get another YBN.
And has anyone else had a YBN?

Thanks

|

7/21/2010 1:22 AM

i have never even heard of a YBN. but i would just get a kmc 710 or dropbuster whatever you want. but if you really want a halflink shadows are the way to go. i dont like half links but thats just my opinion.

|

"One time, me and the crusher, me and the crusher were drinkin' diesel. That's about it."
It Feels Like a Sunday!
http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/BMX-Stuff-For-Sale,17/BUY-THIS-STUFF,1250591

7/21/2010 1:42 AM

ilovemybike22 wrote:

i have never even heard of a YBN. but i would just get a kmc 710 or dropbuster whatever you want. but if you really want a halflink shadows are the way to go. i dont like half links but thats just my opinion.

haha must be an Aussie brand or something?
How are the Dropbusters?
And i took my bike into the lbs and he said "Wow!, Are you seriously running a normal chain..With all this other fancy things you have here i would have thought you would be onto a halflink or something of the sort"

And he deeply suggests a halflink chain but i don't know any that don't stretch and stuff..

Anyone know of any half link chains that don't stretch or have minimal stretch..

Oh and thanks ilovemybike22 for the advice

|

7/21/2010 7:23 AM

I run the kmc kool chain lite. It's thin and light. Haven't had problems yet.

|

REFS:

Traded: meowmoo68, kevinl, martinnn1004, RideTemec

Sold to: RyanMC (x2), Dennis916, Dave805, sunday.bmx21, brendon1207, kevinl

Bought: Brock Larson

email: scwright99@hotmail.com

7/21/2010 7:27 AM

i have a exposur chain half link, but on each link it says ybn and i got it for £15 and its holding up too so far smile

|

7/21/2010 7:28 AM

gusset 1/2 link is really strong and it's a bit cheaper than the shadow. i've had no problems with it so far

|

7/21/2010 7:29 AM

ilovemybike22 wrote:

bmx_is_rad wrote:

haha must be an Aussie brand or something?
How are the Dropbusters?
And i took my bike into the lbs and he said "Wow!, Are you seriously running a normal chain..With all this other fancy things you have here i would have thought you would be onto a halflink or something of the sort"

And he deeply suggests a halflink chain but i don't know any that don't stretch and stuff..

Anyone know of any half link chains that don't stretch or have minimal stretch..

Oh and thanks ilovemybike22 for the advice

ALL chains stretch. Half links are a bit more prone to it happening a tad faster based on design.

I would go with either the chain that worked for over a year for you, or get a shadow. I base that on my Shadow chain lasting 5 years without snapping once.

Right now I am running a regular cheap ass KMC in blue, as I snapped the chain on my Boss (Eastern Half Link) and I didn't have my shadow chain with. So far so good.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/21/2010 7:50 AM

get a wipperman

pretty much the best chains ever made.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

7/21/2010 9:02 AM

ridebmxnc wrote:

get a wipperman

pretty much the best chains ever made.

Depending on which one, might have to do some modifying to make it work on anything smaller than a 10 in the back (or so I am told)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/21/2010 9:27 AM

i've been runnin a khe halflink for a while now and it's awesome and super easy to work on due to their master-pin design

but if your drivetrain is on your peg side, and you have problems hittin your chain, get a shadow

|

7/21/2010 11:20 AM

KHE collapse

|

My account is open to use, password is donthackme123.

Jarrod dont fucking change this.

7/21/2010 11:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2010 11:25 AM

|

7/21/2010 11:22 AM

|

|

|

7/21/2010 3:25 PM

right thanks everyone

|