Chains

Related:
Create New Tag

3/4/2013 11:04 AM

What size do I need, what ones are strong (if you recommend a light one, go kill yourself) and I want people's opinion who's personally had experience with said chain. Cheers.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

3/4/2013 11:44 AM

Odyssey Bluebird.. but if you get one, it has really thick pins (to prevent stretching), so get a really strong breaker, like the park tool breaker, or else you'll ruin any cheap $10 breaker, as i did.. best chain i've ever run.. doubt i'll ever switch up.. other than that, if you run standard gearing, any kmc chain will do, for a while..

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

3/4/2013 11:50 AM

Oh yeah.. also, i don't remember the sizes the chains come in, but as long as it says single speed it will work.. i'd suggest the odyssey, because i've only had one problem with it since i bought mine.. when i was running a slammed wheel, i put it on too tight and one of the links broke.. it was user error, but since it was the link connected to the half link (hard to explain), i emailed odyssey about it and they sent me a brand new chain free of charge..

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

3/4/2013 12:13 PM

Sick guys.. Well thing is I kinda wanna get one when I'm in town at college tomorrow,coz I wanna ride as soon as I can, but that might mean buying a shit chain :/

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

3/4/2013 12:52 PM

Stay away from the 3/32 chain. It's for really narrow sprockets.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

3/4/2013 12:54 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Stay away from the 3/32 chain. It's for really narrow sprockets.

Cheers, ill make sure I do

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

3/4/2013 4:15 PM

get a kmc 510........its the best

|

3/4/2013 4:18 PM

Blue to the bird.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

3/4/2013 5:06 PM

whippermans are the strongest from what ive heard

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/4/2013 10:44 PM

iv had a bluebird for about a year and its still great!

|

Refs buying: bmxtru13(2), ecuadevil

3/5/2013 1:23 AM

ill see whta the lbs has in town, im at college nowso ill take a look around town at lunch, thing is the lbs is mainly mountain bikes (stocks a few diamondbacks etc), theres a halfords, so its shit and i doubt anyone in there knows anything about bikes, and thats about it...

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

3/5/2013 3:04 AM

I heard good thing about the Wipperman IG8 (I think that;s the name) and by just looking at it you can clearly see it.
Hopefully when the Keychain comes out we're gonna have a more "affordable" but yet stronger than usual half link or standard chains.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

3/5/2013 3:43 AM

andyferly wrote:

I heard good thing about the Wipperman IG8 (I think that;s the name) and by just looking at it you can clearly see it.
...more

yeah, the wipperman is a beast, was showing it my mate today, i like the look of the beefyness of it aswell. Anyone know what a good tensile strength is for a chain? I was thinking go for like 1000+kgf?

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

3/5/2013 4:03 AM

will the KMC z510hx hold up?

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

3/5/2013 5:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2013 5:20 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

will the KMC z510hx hold up?

KMC Z510HX has a tensile strength of 1200kg so yes I think it will hold up just fine.

|

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

3/5/2013 6:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2013 6:42 AM

I am on my second Shadow Interlock chain in about 7 years. My first one lasted 5 before I replaced it. Never broke. I did opposite grinds before hub guards were common or widely available and it never gave out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/5/2013 11:28 AM

well i went for a KMC Z510Hx, ill let yous know how it is in a while..

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

3/5/2013 2:22 PM

SHadow interlock v2 or blue bird

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

3/5/2013 8:43 PM

Shaddow half link or if u like light and strong like me mechanik holow pin hollow halflink snap kmcs like water I ride hard and need a durable chain shaddow never broke but just to bulky for my likings and also u will need a better chain breaker if u buy a shaddow

|

3/5/2013 8:53 PM

I run the Z510Hx. Great chain, had it forever.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/5/2013 8:56 PM

I ride a Shadow Interlock V2. Been perfect so far, I've had it around 7 months and expect it to last much longer. The come in a wide variety of colours, and like all Shadow gear, they look so nice.

|

3/5/2013 8:59 PM

khe collapse

|

3/5/2013 9:48 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

khe collapse

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Wippermann 1G8
[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

3/5/2013 9:50 PM

ii never liked the 1g8. The collapse works with smaller drivers better and I've had my collapse since 2009 and it'sswag. Have a backup too

|

3/5/2013 9:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2013 9:54 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

ii never liked the 1g8. The collapse works with smaller drivers better and I've had my collapse since 2009 and it'sswag. Have ...more

I know. Using that monster made me change my whole gear set, but I love the way it looks now. I will def be trying the keychain as soon as it drops. Bout time you come back!

|

3/5/2013 10:39 PM

just get a cheap kmc or something. i've snapped more shadow chains and all the fancy shit than i have basic kmc chains. they're cheaper too.

|

vital's redneck

3/5/2013 10:47 PM

put a shadow on the right way and don't take it apart all the time and you should be fine

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

3/6/2013 12:59 AM

im poor so price is a big one for me, also if i get a cheap ass chain breaker for a £5 will it hold up? coz i want the oher £5 i have for pot... again, im poor.

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit