Chains

Related:
Create New Tag

6/25/2014 2:03 PM

I ordered a new chain (Tractor) and I want to get some more understanding of chains.

For me , I just use a chainbreaker on any link , break the chain by pushing the pin so it doesnt fall out but is still in , then on the other side I actually remove the whole link , so now it's shortened and then I just push the pin back and it works.

What are masterlinks for? And how do you use them? Are they for full links , half links , or both? Mine has hollow pins , so a normal chainbreaker will work. Right?

Pardon the questions , I just want to understand them more , and I'm not trolling either.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/25/2014 2:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/25/2014 2:07 PM

I watched this. Do you need to use a masterlink on full link chains? How does this work , doesnt average bmxing would break masterlinks?

EDIT : I guess masterlinks are just for people without a chainbreaker , I have one so I'm fine.
|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/25/2014 2:30 PM

Fuck masterlinks. Remember that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. And masterlinks aren't very tough. Other than that just use common sense. Remember to always have the pin sticking out past the side plates evenly on both sides. If a plate cracks/bends don't use it. And when you cut a chain and put it back together, after you put it back together you can gran the links on either side of the pin and wiggle tem sideways a tad so the link isn't stiff. Chains are much easier to work with than most people think

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/25/2014 2:30 PM

Masterlinks are for full link chains, they are convenient for when a chain has been broken. Mine has been perfect on a kmc710 i fully reccomend one in anyones chain.

|

6/25/2014 4:21 PM

I have a master link and I am fully aware that it is weak but I do not own a chain breaker and I have only used one once so I probably couldn't use it.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

6/25/2014 4:44 PM

Masterlinks are totally pointless if you have a chain breaker

|