Chainstay and Fork offsett

Related:
Create New Tag

9/18/2018 11:08 PM

Should i get a steeper fork go a shorter chainstay or a non steep for with a longer chainstay. Which do you prefer. "Doesn't need to be on the list.

|

9/18/2018 11:21 PM

Sam_Kaye wrote:

Should i get a steeper fork go a shorter chainstay or a non steep for with a longer chainstay. Which do you prefer. "Doesn't ...more

|

9/18/2018 11:42 PM

WhAt nOw?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/19/2018 12:00 AM

Short for both

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/19/2018 12:01 AM

I’m just here before the thread turns to shit

Good luck with the thread Sampson, tell Paul I said hi!

|

9/19/2018 12:32 AM

It's personal preference, all we can do is suggest stuff. Your headtube angle will play a big part in what offset forks you want, as does style of riding.
If you want a responsive front end, get steep forks. If you want a responsive frame, get short chainstays. If you want it more stable, get longer chainstays and longer offset forks.

Personally I have my back wheel at around about 13.5". And I have 28mm offset forks, with a 74.5 headtube angle. I ride street, but I'm not too technical, and I'm old so I'm more used to older geometry. However, I'd like to go a gnats chuff steeper on my headtube angle on my next frame.

Bb height also affects how your bike feels overall. Lower is more stable, higher is more responsive.

|

9/19/2018 12:51 AM

?rel=0
|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/19/2018 12:57 AM

I'd suggest that rather than getting both at the same time, you get one of them first, ride it for a while to see if you like it and then maybe consider getting the other part.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/19/2018 1:31 AM

I run 74ht with 33mm fork on a 13.25( slammed so about 13.3-13.4 rear and I ride street park dirt basically anything.

|

9/19/2018 3:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/19/2018 3:21 AM

Photo
|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/19/2018 7:22 AM

Let's give the guy a second chance, we can always meme him to death later on if he's still a cunt.

To the OP, I changed from a 74.5HT angle and 13.5"CS to a 75.5HT and 12.75ish CS and been loving it so far. I mainly do small and quick stuff on street, just all kinds of jibbing in general so the added responsiveness definitely suits my riding.

|

9/19/2018 4:51 PM

Sam_Kaye wrote:

Should i get a steeper fork go a shorter chainstay or a non steep for with a longer chainstay. Which do you prefer. "Doesn't ...more

You should give your bike away and quit

|

9/20/2018 5:56 AM

Sam_Kaye wrote:

Depends on what you want. Steep means more twitchy and faster steering input. Easier for stuff like nose tricks but not as forgiving on stuff like trails.

|

10/1/2018 10:20 AM

Gack2000 wrote:

Depends on what you want. Steep means more twitchy and faster steering input. Easier for stuff like nose tricks but not as ...more

15mm fork, 75.75 HT, 13.6 CS here. and its not crazy on trails

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

10/1/2018 10:24 AM

What kind of riding are you mainly doing? Lets start there

|