Chase Hawk Tire (Review)

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2013 7:28 PM

As many of you may know, I love tires! I have an obsession! I love buying new tires and the way good ones make my bike feel. I have run a bunch of different tires and i finally got the Hawk tire from my bro. I gave him my Path tire for it because he was so tired of sliding out because he is stupid. haha It is the first slick tire i have ridden that... GRIPS! Concrete that is. haha i have run it for a little while now, i took off my momentum and machete because i was sick of my bike being so light and the Demo tires dont grip so much. I decided, hey why not throw this Hawk tire on since its just sitting! haha and i expected to be slipping around like my brother was and there was none of that! I bombed a hill to truly test the rolling resistance of the tire. This hill dips down and there is a hill right after and normally i can get halfway up the other side (this is like smooth asphalt) and i got pretty close to the top, going the same speed as i would have normally. I just sit down and let my bike carry me down to the other side and it took me all the way! haha it grips sooo nice and i love it. It seems to not wear at all! I am thoroughly happy with a tire for once. I am gonna get a new pair for myself when my aitken i have in the front goes and if the back hawk ever goes i will get another. Thank you Odyssey! haha Wonderful product! i give it a 9/10 and obviously its not great for dirt and stuff. Wonderful for street and park! I rode a bowl faster than ever and pumped as hard as possible (i had to hold back before because i was worried id slip out on the one turn) and i blasted it full speed and i loved it. I love it! Go out and get one!! Any questions you guys wanna ask about it, go ahead!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/15/2013 7:38 PM

how thick is the threading , would you recommend it as a front or rear tire

|

7/15/2013 7:52 PM

chad88 wrote:

how thick is the threading , would you recommend it as a front or rear tire

Definitely a rear! I would run one front and back if i never rode in any grass or something. The tread itself isnt super thick, probably about as thick as a momentum if you are familiar with those. Not Monstertruck thick, just normal really.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/15/2013 8:44 PM

i ride them front and back. i LOVE it. i have only gotten like 1 puncture flat and the rest because my rim strip wasnt on right. so yea i love those tires.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/15/2013 8:58 PM

Yep, got another tan wall Hawk tire once again from The Balt in size 2.4. It does feel pretty beefy cause when there's only like 70 PSI, it'll still feel like 80-90 PSI.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke