Chase Hawk Tires

Related:
Create New Tag

7/21/2014 6:36 PM

Hey, everyone! It's about time I'd get new tires, and I was looking into the Chase Hawk signature line of tires. I enjoy riding fast and smooth and carving stuff to go even faster. I wanted the P-Lyte Black Wall version, but I was concerned about the grip. I've seen and read reviews about the tire saying both good and bad about it's grip. Then I saw a video if Chase riding a bowl very fast and carving sharp turns. The tires looked grippy, but what do you guys have to say about it? Thanks :D

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

7/21/2014 6:41 PM

If you ride in a dusty/dirty/slick area, you will have a horrible time. If you ride kinda rough concrete park or street in an area that doesn't have alot of dust/dirt brewing around then you oughta be fine.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

7/21/2014 6:54 PM

It'll slip if you carve fast in slick concrete. I know from experience it stinks but if you do street or anything like that you'll be fine

|

7/21/2014 7:01 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

If you ride in a dusty/dirty/slick area, you will have a horrible time. If you ride kinda rough concrete park or street in an area that doesn't have alot of dust/dirt brewing around then you oughta be fine.

doesn't Chase Hawk Live in Texas with like dust and dirt trails and stuff?

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/21/2014 7:06 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

He lives in Austin which I doubt is too dusty. He does ride trails but I have a feeling he doesn't ride them on trails. I know Aaron Ross throws on Aitkens before riding trails even though he has his own sig tire (he said it on an episode of Red Bulls Ride and Seek), I wouldn't be surprised if Chase did the same.

A few of my friends had hawks and they slid all over the place in the dusty little town I live in.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

7/21/2014 7:13 PM

So far they've worked amazing on everything but indoor skateparks and mud. Other than that they've had amazing grip and they're super fast and smooth. I would definitely recommend them. No problems on dusty or dirty surfaces.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/21/2014 7:15 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

dkTechEthan wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

He lives in Austin which I doubt is too dusty. He does ride trails but I have a feeling he doesn't ride them on trails. I know Aaron Ross throws on Aitkens before riding trails even though he has his own sig tire (he said it on an episode of Red Bulls Ride and Seek), I wouldn't be surprised if Chase did the same.

A few of my friends had hawks and they slid all over the place in the dusty little town I live in.

Actually, Chase still runs his signature tires on trails. You can see it on a video called: Chase Hawk - Dawn to Dusk.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

7/21/2014 7:22 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Actually, Chase still runs his signature tires on trails. You can see it on a video called: Chase Hawk - Dawn to Dusk.

those trails look groomed as fuck though.

it probably feels like riding asphalt.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

7/21/2014 7:38 PM

i've been running my 2.4 hawk p-lytes front and rear for a month now and they've been good so far. they roll smooth, and grip pretty well on street, indoor and outdoor parks. i haven't ridden dirt with them yet so I'm not sure how good they are on dirt. the only thing I've ever slipped and fell once on was the metal bit at the bottom of a wooden quarter. the only stupid complain i have is that they don't squeak lol

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

7/21/2014 7:52 PM

how many more times is this question gonna pop up? Is the search button that difficult to use?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/21/2014 8:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2014 8:46 PM

I run the night hawk tires, and house construction is going on in my neighborhood which = a lot of dust/dirt I never had an issue. They are extremely grippy to me, idk if the p lyte is a different compound but if it's like the regular hawks they will have plenty of grip

|

7/21/2014 8:53 PM

I read something about riding it till the wax coat runs out and it will be grippier.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

7/22/2014 2:07 AM

neophyte16 wrote:

I read something about riding it till the wax coat runs out and it will be grippier.

Troof.

In fact I got a new 2.4 for the front about a month ago and it didn't have the wax coating on it. It was sticky right away.

|

7/22/2014 3:18 AM

its really grippy and good for park and street in my opinion never slipped out once even when i was trail riding or when theres alot of sand or dirt on the road

|

7/22/2014 8:14 AM

Get maxxis mirracle tires

|