Chase Hawk Tires vs Fit FAFs

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2014 8:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2014 9:02 AM

Hi, the title pretty much speaks for the thread but i currently have cult deharts and honestly I've had so many punctures with them. I'm now sick of them and i need new tires as the grip has ran out anyways. I ride park (outside concrete) and street.

I have cut down the two tires i'd like.

What are better overall?

Chase Hawk's or Fit FAFs?

|

8/6/2014 8:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2014 8:52 AM

What do you ride?

If you ride anything with sand or fine dirt you probably don't want to go with the Hawks, they don't handle all that well on shit like that but grip nicely on smooth surfaces and roll fast. If you ride areas with sand and/or dust go with the fafs, that 2.25 one will have no problem with that type of stuff. I love my Deharts btw, sad to hear you had a bad time with yours

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

8/6/2014 8:33 AM

Tioga comp III tires

|

8/6/2014 8:50 AM

Hawks for street, park, and I really don't think they're bad on trails but some people do.
Aitikens for trails. Fit Faf for trails if you must, I suppose.

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/6/2014 9:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2014 9:04 AM

notorious NIG wrote:

What do you ride?

If you ride anything with sand or fine dirt you probably don't want to go with the Hawks, they don't handle all that well on shit like that but grip nicely on smooth surfaces and roll fast. If you ride areas with sand and/or dust go with the fafs, that 2.25 one will have no problem with that type of stuff. I love my Deharts btw, sad to hear you had a bad time with yours

I ride (outside concrete) park and street. And yeah i like the deharts just not durable :/ But thanks for the post

|

8/6/2014 9:48 AM

I run a fit faf in the front and it handles great and grips really well. I ride street an outside park as well and would definently recommend them. They have been lasting really long for me and I do a lot of sliders. Now that i got a whole in my rear tire I'm hopfully going to pick up another one.

|

Support your local bike shop.
Instagram:gobeil4130

8/6/2014 6:01 PM

I've rode both Hawks (2.4 and 2.2) and fafs (2.25 and 2.3). If you ride concrete, the Hawks rape fafs so fuckin hard. It's not really close. The Hawks are faster, grippier, thicker, rounder (one of my 2.3 fafs had a bad wobble).

If you ride any trails at all, and don't want Aitken's, the 2.25 fafs would be OK I think.

|