Chase hawk kicked from odyssey

Related:
Create New Tag

12/17/2015 2:12 PM

Odyssey posted on Instagram about it? What the hell even happened?

|

12/17/2015 2:30 PM

already a post about it lol

|

12/17/2015 2:41 PM

I don't think "kicked" is a fair way to put it.

|

12/17/2015 3:27 PM

Kicked is not the right term it's deffinatly oddyseys loss

|

12/17/2015 4:31 PM

Odyssey dropped him though. They kicked him off.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

12/17/2015 6:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2015 6:17 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Odyssey dropped him though. They kicked him off.

No. They didn't offer him (or they couldn't agree on) a new contract. The deal ended and a new one wasn't made. No one was kicked off anything. This is how contracts work. They end at a set time and the two parties either negotiate a new deal or part ways. "Kicked off" would only make sense if the deal was broken mid-contract.

|

12/17/2015 6:56 PM

http://bmx.transworld.net/news/chase-hawk-off-odyssey/

If his contract was indeed up it was Odyssey who was not interested in keeping him aboard. This is quite obvious considering he was "caught off guard by the move". If he has an agent I'm sure they would have discussed this already and it wouldn't have been a surprise when Odyssey made the call.

The correct term would be that he was dropped.

|

12/17/2015 8:03 PM

People say their "dropping" tommy Dugan also is this true?

|

12/17/2015 11:42 PM

Pegless_215 wrote:

http://bmx.transworld.net/news/chase-hawk-off-odyssey/

If his contract was indeed up it was Odyssey who was not interested in ...more

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. Contracts are legally binding and not based on assumptions. I'm absolutely not siding with one side or the other, but in order for a business relationship to continue, when one contract ends another must be agreed upon and signed.

You can give "dropped" any definition you want - It's not a legal term and I'm assuming you're using it the same you would use "released" - but no one was released from anything. The contract ended with both parties upholding their obligations and he was not re-signed to a new deal.

|

12/18/2015 12:35 AM

"Just got off the phone with Chase and he confirmed that he was caught off guard by the move, citing that he was merely told that he wasn’t putting much effort into working with Odyssey, but he was quick to point out that he’s been putting a lot of effort into filming for the Etnies video." - Fudger RideBMX

He could have simply said "my contract was up and we couldn't come to an agreement". The above statement provided by Fudger upon talking to Chase implies that wasn't necessarily the case.

People and companies are in breach of contract all the time. If Odyssey felt he wasn't doing what was expected of him, what was outlined in his contract, they legally do not have to let the term of said contract run out as Chase would have already fallen short of his obligations.

Who knows. Unless someone involved steps forward and explains what happened it's all speculation anyway.

|

12/18/2015 1:13 AM

I'm curious to know exactly what each rider's contract entails tbh, because not "putting much effort into working with Odyssey" seems kind of vague. He's been on for a decade with signature parts, and was at the 30 year jam the other day. So was he getting lazy and just not showing up for meetings? Not sending them video parts or pics? Basically blowing them off for his Etnies part? (which is understandable of he had a deadline). Maybe Robbie Morales got in his head and convinced him to blow them off to launch signature parts with Cult instead? Lol. Basically a repeat of the Fit incident...Hopefully he does an actual interview soon, and it may be interesting to hear what Jim C has to say about it as well.

|

12/18/2015 7:40 AM

-Havok- wrote:

I'm curious to know exactly what each rider's contract entails tbh, because not "putting much effort into working with ...more

Didnt Jim jump ship on Odyssey/Sunday aswell? I believe around this time last year. A lot of companies are being ran into the ground currently.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/18/2015 8:57 AM

I get a "holier than thou" feeling when it comes to Odyssey. It could be just me.

|

12/18/2015 1:52 PM

Wow this is a dam shame good rider at least i thought or am i missing something?

|

Built to abuse

12/18/2015 1:54 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Didnt Jim jump ship on Odyssey/Sunday aswell? I believe around this time last year. A lot of companies are being ran into the ...more

This is true. Actually in May of last year. I haven't been paying much attention to the industry news over the past couple years since I've been working and not riding up until recently. Pretty late, but that's really a shock to hear as well. Wonder who's calling the shots around Odyssey/Full Factory now? But yeah, doesn't surprise me. Bmx is apparently turning into a real industry now with everything outsourced and nothing but business based decisions to fill wallets. Pretty soon everyone's gonna sell out and it's gonna be down to S&M and FBM being the only true rider owned/staffed companies left. Lol. Maybe Cult, T1 and a few others, but as far as American made products go anyways...

|

12/18/2015 1:57 PM

Agree with u havok 100% this industry is getting sad

|

Built to abuse

12/18/2015 4:15 PM

johnduff86 wrote:

I get a "holier than thou" feeling when it comes to Odyssey. It could be just me.

Same dude.

|

12/18/2015 4:36 PM

Dont forget FIT. but that's also part of "the warehouse" Alongside united and revenge industries. Fit has a lot of usa made stuff. United has some. The only companies i know of that are 100% usa are fbm and s&m, and standard? I like to support these companies as much as i can. I think it is important. And i usually try to stress it on these forums. But i also know that everyone can't afford it. From what i heard cult used to have fbm make their stuff but not any more.

|

12/18/2015 4:45 PM

lame no more night hawk tires and john I thought S&M owns fit now if I'm not mistaken

|

@Instagram - Mkamp1991

jumpings ramps and stuff in the south!...of Canada

12/18/2015 4:51 PM

johnduff86 wrote:

Dont forget FIT. but that's also part of "the warehouse" Alongside united and revenge industries. Fit has a lot of usa made ...more

Profile/Madera although they don't make frames

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

12/18/2015 4:58 PM

I believe s&m, united, ri, and fit are separate companies. They are all made in the same factory by the same people. Even the same salesmen. Ri stuff is mostly if not all overseas.

|

12/18/2015 5:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2015 5:20 PM

Now where does kink stand in this whole situation? Are they U.S. made? Or where they around 07-08?? I know the company is outta rochester ny but thats it lol

|

Built to abuse

12/18/2015 8:10 PM

johnduff86 wrote:

Dont forget FIT. but that's also part of "the warehouse" Alongside united and revenge industries. Fit has a lot of usa made ...more

I was kinda grouping Fit and S&M since they're the same company technically. Fit's completes are outsourced but their signature frames are USA made at S&M. I don't know much about the other 2 brands tho, even tho I was looking at the Mothership before I bought my Mac frame. And oh yeah, I forgot about Standard. Great American company there too! Agreed with you tho about not being able to afford American made stuff tho. Damn these Americans and their wanting pay above slave wages. Haha. And that's what I heard about Cult as well. I'm sure Moeller wasn't exactly at the top of Robbie's list to make his stuff, so not much choice other than FBM or Standard. Lol And Airkamp, S&M always has owned Fit, Robbie Morales was just the co-owner/CEO basically. He ran everything Fit so Moeller could run S&M and still have a life outside work more or less

|

12/18/2015 8:34 PM

Oldschool89 wrote:

Now where does kink stand in this whole situation? Are they U.S. made? Or where they around 07-08?? I know the company is ...more

These companies are mostly west coast and kink is east coast so it's quite different I guess. But their stuff is US made.

|

12/18/2015 8:53 PM

Oh ok got yah thanks

|

Built to abuse

12/18/2015 9:14 PM

Chase will kill it for who ever he works with , I'm pretty sure things just didn't work out . He got married recently as well so that can be a little bit of an involvement . I think it's the Etnies / Cult moves .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/19/2015 12:54 PM

Honestly, who cares? Why do you people care so much about a situation that doesn't involve you guys?

|

Vimeo.com/bmxhope
Flickr.com/bmxhope

12/19/2015 1:40 PM

TXLJHOPE wrote:

Honestly, who cares? Why do you people care so much about a situation that doesn't involve you guys?

Couldn't the same thing be said about sports fans? Mets, Yankees, Patriots? Chase is a celebrity among the bmx community. And obviously the bike companies care who rides their bikes.

|

12/19/2015 8:18 PM

oahz24 wrote:

These companies are mostly west coast and kink is east coast so it's quite different I guess. But their stuff is US made.

Kink is not US made. Their distribution center is in Rochester and they're a US company but manufactured overseas

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

12/19/2015 8:25 PM

Do you know what country??

|

Built to abuse