Cheap 48 spline cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

5/21/2019 11:29 PM

I’ve been looking around for some cheap 48 spline cranks for a super secret custom build out of spare parts. Unfortunately, my old bike got stolen back in January and and my brand new odyssey caliburs were gone forever. I can’t seem to find anything under the ~$150 range. The cheapest ones I found are some Salt Plus cranks for $119. Should I go with these or go with something else?

|

5/21/2019 11:34 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

I’ve been looking around for some cheap 48 spline cranks for a super secret custom build out of spare parts. Unfortunately, my old bike got stolen back in January and and my brand new odyssey caliburs were gone forever. I can’t seem to find anything under the ~$150 range. The cheapest ones I found are some Salt Plus cranks for $119. Should I go with these or go with something else?

Just go careful dropping in on any 9ft quarters

|

5/21/2019 11:52 PM

RumHam wrote:

I won’t have that problem because at least they’re not 8 spline

|

5/22/2019 3:05 AM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

RumHam wrote:

PastaIsLitty wrote:

I won’t have that problem because at least they’re not 8 spline

Thank god.

|

5/22/2019 5:43 AM

The Salt pro / plus stuff is actually quite decent & should be fine, just a litlle more heavy than some of the more expensive options is all.

|

Ride everything

5/22/2019 6:16 AM

Rant Banging 48S are $90 brand new and seem like higher quality cranks than most in their price range, also come in a variety of lengths. I haven't rode them, but I'd definitely pick them if I was on a budget.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/22/2019 6:58 PM

Jibby wrote:

The Salt pro / plus stuff is actually quite decent & should be fine, just a litlle more heavy than some of the more expensive options is all.

I bought a salt sprocket and it held up but my old local bike shop said salt and éclat was trash, but they also said Odyssey was bad so yeah :/

|

5/23/2019 4:48 AM

Dude I have almost new Fit Indents with bottom bracket and sprocket for $80 shipped.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/23/2019 6:31 AM

Stolen talon 48 splines I was seeing being closed out and got a pair for $59 at Chain reaction. they are hard to mount as they don't came with a tool but pretty good deal.

|

5/23/2019 8:13 AM

Rant makes cranks called the rant bangin 48 cranks. U can find em for like 80 on dans comp. also volume dropped new cranks there 48 spline and only 100 bucks.

|

5/24/2019 10:04 AM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Eastern throttle cranks look pretty good for 80 dollars (48 spline, all crmo)
|