Chicago bars

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2014 4:56 AM

Hello
i've noticed that many riders like to ride their bars a little bit forward than the angle of the fork, about 90 degrees to the ground.
I want to know how does that affect riding performance wise? Like which style becomes easier when you ride Chicago (street, park, etc.), which trick become easier, which harder
im beginner so i dont know and i want to know
just curious
tjanks

|

YO

8/9/2014 5:07 AM

It's preference. Try it and see if see if it suits you.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/9/2014 5:10 AM

Having your bars at a certain angle doesn't make it easier at a certain discipline of BMX.

Run your bars at what ever angle is most comfortable for you.

I like to run mine very straight up

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/9/2014 8:10 AM

Its preference it doesn't really help anything .

Unless of course they're like this
Photo

This just adds swag points

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

8/9/2014 8:43 AM

It always helps me learn nose tricks and things where i have to pull more like airing. But really it doesn't matter too much. Most of the time it helps me with the placement of my weight.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/9/2014 8:49 AM

tomdon wrote:

It's preference. Try it and see if see if it suits you.

This, but I have noticed a re-emergence of this is mostly due to pros doing it again. It went away for a long time in most aspects of BMX.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/9/2014 9:28 AM

alright right now im learning feeble grinds do you think if i put them a bit forward it will be easier for me learn them?
and if i put them forward will this increase the height of my bunny hops?
and will it help me with 180 because ive been trying em for like 6 months and still cant do them :\

|

YO

8/9/2014 10:02 AM

swagswag wrote:

alright right now im learning feeble grinds do you think if i put them a bit forward it will be easier for me learn them?
and ...more

You can try it but its not going to make much of a difference. Just find an angle you like and keep it there.

|

8/9/2014 12:27 PM

swagswag wrote:

and ...more

Magically Delicious wrote:

You can try it but its not going to make much of a difference. Just find an angle you like and keep it there.

well i've tried putting the bars a little forward, and tricks like nose bonks become easier, and the front end feels much lighter, actually the whole bike feels a bit lighter, and I have the feeling that my hops are a bit higher, not as stable as when my bars are normal though
So I end up just switching them every week. Right now theyre a bit forward, but I just got a new frame with a longer TT so I think to try putting them a bit backwards than they are right now.
I just wanted an opinion or an advice if someone has had any similar experience before

|

YO

8/9/2014 12:35 PM

i ride my chicagoed because i like having a bit more room and otherwise they feel weird, plus it adds a little upsweep as the 10 or so back gets angled slightly up

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/9/2014 2:56 PM

It's not likely to be a magic fix all.

Practice will be your best option.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/11/2014 12:36 PM

I'm pretty tall, so it gives me more room and makes my bike feel longer. I like the look of it, too.

|

8/11/2014 10:08 PM

I like Chicago deep dish pizzas , bars a bit forward not bad at all

|

8/11/2014 10:15 PM

mmm i run mine a bit past 90 but it's all for personal comfort man. Just have them to what feels good for you.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

8/11/2014 10:17 PM

Run whatever but if you're jumping off roofs then I'd ride them normal or you'll eat your fucking tire if they slip forward

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/12/2014 12:09 AM

It's a preference thing. I run it a tad forward from the head tube/forks but not as far as 90 to the ground because it feels comfortable for me that way.

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding