Choosen Tuffneck FC hub

Related:
Create New Tag

3/20/2014 2:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2014 4:51 AM

Anyone had experience with this hub?
In going to get one used for $56. I just want to know if it is good.
It has the same internals as Stolen Easy Street FC

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

3/20/2014 4:17 AM

I cant se the photo.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/20/2014 4:52 AM

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

3/20/2014 7:14 AM

Dont know nebver hear of it but i do know the stolen was a pain in the ass because of it's 4 rail system (think thats what it was called) so I'd imagine that one would be just as bad if not worse

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/20/2014 7:50 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Dont know nebver hear of it but i do know the stolen was a pain in the ass because of it's 4 rail system (think thats what it ...more

same here

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/20/2014 8:03 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Dont know nebver hear of it but i do know the stolen was a pain in the ass because of it's 4 rail system (think thats what it ...more

So it's not good as it looks. I thought it is better. I guess I'll stick to my cheap coaster then.
I'll just buy double walled rims. Single wall is pain in the ass. Im tired of truing it every single day.

What would you recommend for a cheap but strong rim? Alienation Runaway(Very popular here)?

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

3/20/2014 8:05 AM

Seems like it would be fine if you follow the advice in this bikeguide thread.

|

3/20/2014 8:07 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Dont know nebver hear of it but i do know the stolen was a pain in the ass because of it's 4 rail system (think thats what it ...more

neophyte16 wrote:

So it's not good as it looks. I thought it is better. I guess I'll stick to my cheap coaster then.
I'll just buy double ...more

i think the runaway is a good rim.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/20/2014 8:14 AM

neophyte16 wrote:

So it's not good as it looks. I thought it is better. I guess I'll stick to my cheap coaster then.
I'll just buy double ...more

Not saying it's bad. i just didn't have the best experince with the stolen when i had it and I've heard the same complaint about it on here too. I'm sure they rifined it some and if taken care of it would be fine

Yeah the runway isnt bad I'd get it

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/20/2014 9:33 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Dont know nebver hear of it but i do know the stolen was a pain in the ass because of it's 4 rail system (think thats what it ...more

neophyte16 wrote:

So it's not good as it looks. I thought it is better. I guess I'll stick to my cheap coaster then.
I'll just buy double ...more

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Not saying it's bad. i just didn't have the best experince with the stolen when i had it and I've heard the same complaint ...more

Thanks, I'm still thinking if I should get that for $56(2500 PHP)
But I probably get a Runaway Rim For sure.
Do you think a Deviant Rim on the rear will work?
I don't ride that hard. I just hop, 180, barspins, etc. no rails here so no grinding for me.
also do flatland. And I have brakes on the front.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

3/20/2014 10:24 AM

Runaway rim is amazing. Higher quality material than most rims and angled spoke holes for cross lacing. Deviants suck and are made for front wheels. Dont be a fool.

As for the coaster, I know someone who had a stolen and never had any problems with it. Chances are its better than what youre on currently. I would get it, thats an amazing deal.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


3/20/2014 10:28 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Runaway rim is amazing. Higher quality material than most rims and angled spoke holes for cross lacing. Deviants suck and are ...more

The deviant is really fucking light. THats why it sucks.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/20/2014 10:33 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Runaway rim is amazing. Higher quality material than most rims and angled spoke holes for cross lacing. Deviants suck and are ...more

T-rider wrote:

The deviant is really fucking light. THats why it sucks.

Its light, made of average material, and has a pinned seem. Theres a reason why its only $30ish. Its a great budget rim for a front wheel though.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


3/20/2014 10:39 AM

Oh alright then, runaway both i guess. I just thought driving would work as my rear rim because i don't ride hard.

Anyway, talk to the guy who is selling the hub.
He rides hard. He told me there was an issue with the pawls' spring but he fixed it. It has 2 pawls already I hope I could find 2 more so it would be stronger (I guess). It uses primo/profile pawls. Hope i could find some in LBS. Read some reviews about the hub. It's mainly for street but it won't allow more slack because the metal ball slips. 1/8 slack only, I think it's good for flatland though.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

3/20/2014 10:39 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Runaway rim is amazing. Higher quality material than most rims and angled spoke holes for cross lacing. Deviants suck and are ...more

T-rider wrote:

The deviant is really fucking light. THats why it sucks.

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Its light, made of average material, and has a pinned seem. Theres a reason why its only $30ish. Its a great budget rim for a ...more

its is the cheapest aftermarket rim that you can get here i think hahaa

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/20/2014 10:41 AM

Fondue wrote:

Seems like it would be fine if you follow the advice in this bikeguide thread.

Thanks for this fondue. It helps me a lot for the maintenance.
It seems that it doesn't require maintenance at all.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

3/20/2014 10:48 AM

Lol, mostly i see alienation rims In local online shops here. I was thinking about ordering from albes, shipping to Philippines cost more than the product itself.

LBS here are not that good though. It's quite far from my home too. And mostly sell fake eastern products. There are only few legit LBS here and it's far!
The rims available at the local LBS mostly Alex Supradome, Sun Rims, and the cheapest Pirannha rims that cost $7-$10. Double wall, pinned rims.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

3/20/2014 11:45 AM

neophyte16 wrote:

Lol, mostly i see alienation rims In local online shops here. I was thinking about ordering from albes, shipping to ...more

avoid pinned rims

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/20/2014 7:06 PM

T-rider wrote:

avoid pinned rims

yep! that's why im going for the runaway rims.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

3/20/2014 10:22 PM

Read about the hub. Seems its tough for street. And would be a tank on flatland. I might get this but the only problem was the slippage of the ball bearing if you put more slack. In used to small slack so i guess this would suite me. I just hope the shell is in good condition and that i could find spare pawls and springs.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

3/21/2014 10:17 AM

I weigh 240ish right now, was at 254 when I had a Deviant front rim. It lasted a long time before I replaced my wheels and sold it. As a front rim it is solid.

Rear, I wouldn't.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/21/2014 10:55 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I weigh 240ish right now, was at 254 when I had a Deviant front rim. It lasted a long time before I replaced my wheels and ...more

thanks, Im going to buy runaway both rear and front.

I changed my mind about buying the hub. I don't want the condition of it.
Gonna buy Runaway Rims and maybe a sunday freeze stem TL or a Pivotal Seat.

BTW, is Pivotal lighter than railed? I want a fat seat and the only available here are pivotal saddle.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

3/21/2014 3:03 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I weigh 240ish right now, was at 254 when I had a Deviant front rim. It lasted a long time before I replaced my wheels and ...more

neophyte16 wrote:

thanks, Im going to buy runaway both rear and front.

I changed my mind about buying the hub. I don't want the condition of ...more

Pivotal are just simplier and look cleaner. Its the standar right now.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/21/2014 10:53 PM

T-rider wrote:

Pivotal are just simplier and look cleaner. Its the standar right now.

Thanks!

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.