Choosing new tires demolition momentum any good?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/14/2017 3:57 PM

Photo

I have fit ta's currently and they are pretty worn down. I've been eyeing down these maroon demolition momentum. I know that demolition is a solid ass brand but I would also like some of your guys personal opinions. Also so you guys know of any other maroon tires?
|

3/14/2017 4:06 PM

I loved those tyres for all of the 2 weeks I had them. I got a small puncture and it ripped about an inch wide slit in the tread. I've heard a lot about the sidewalls ripping as well. I probably just got a bad one, my brother ended up running the other for a few months after that and it's still fine.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/14/2017 4:32 PM

Mine lasted me almost 2 years-then I got a good deal on another set that I ran until about this time last year-traded em off with bars for a cassette.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/14/2017 4:47 PM

I've had bad luck with demolition tires. Animal is where it's at

|

3/14/2017 6:14 PM

If you don't grind and don't go fakie slider too often, then these are sweet. If your planning on running them for street, it's a no-go.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/14/2017 6:50 PM

Pretty much everything I heard about these has been said , as I currently want them too . If you're gonna drop 46$ a tire here in Canada you want shit to last , it's safer to pick something else then guess and see if it works out for you

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/14/2017 7:58 PM

For the record, I ran pegs 90% of the time. If you don't grind rough sharp crap, and you are pretty smooth, they can last a good while.

Tread wear outdid a LOT of the other tires I have had over the last 18 years.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/14/2017 10:28 PM

I have been riding a pair the last 7months.
PROS: ridiculously light, smooth rolling, quiet.
CONS: a tad slippery on smooth surfaces and carving really hard but not unmanageable at all, a little flimsy

ridden 80% on street, plenty of grinding and pivoting and no problems. plenty of hang ups and gaps and still haven't gotten a pinch flat. one blew out a few days ago when I rode over a smashed bottle.

They honestly do feel weaker than other tires, like you could really tear them up a lot easier but a little finesse always did the trick for me. I'm ordering another pair when these ones are done.

I'd get them if you just want light that you're gonna like a whole lot. if you're planning on shredding hard and doing huge stuff I'd go with something a bit heavier.

|

3/14/2017 10:46 PM

A friend of mine loves demolition tyres, pretty sure he runs one of these on the rear for park and street. He hardly rides though, and doesn't use pegs. He's had it a fair while though

|

3/15/2017 5:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2017 5:22 AM

I tried a momentum tyre on front not so long ago these are crazy lightweight and I didn't grind anything rough with it but it looked weak, like okay for the front but not for a fast feeble on a rough curb, the tyre is really thin as much on sidewalls than overall, and also I didn't like the oval shape of the tyre, it is 2.4"/21" unlike the bsd tyre I usually run which is 2.44"/20.9" so the momentum was quicker side to side and I didn't liked it because I love a stable front end feeling (it also can be a benefit, 100% personnal preference).

So, if you want super lightweight tyres, and don't do so much grinds (especially rough ones) go for the momentums.
If you want a more street solid tyre go for the BSD tyres, plus they also come in brown, I run only them since years, these are awesome.

|

3/15/2017 6:03 AM

I would go with Animal GLH front
Animal TWW back. Perfect combo

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

3/15/2017 11:19 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

I loved those tyres for all of the 2 weeks I had them. I got a small puncture and it ripped about an inch wide slit in the ...more

funny you say that, back in 04 i ripped the sidewall out of a demolition zepplin (model before momentum)

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

3/15/2017 12:23 PM

Brian_Griffin wrote:

I would go with Animal GLH front
Animal TWW back. Perfect combo

This guy. I'm personally running dual 2.1" GLH's but I've had larger TWW's and they were awesome.

|

3/17/2017 12:51 PM

Awesome tires dude get the big ones they're huge.

If brakeless they wear down relatively quick due to not having much tread. Probably why they're light/cheap.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert