Christmas

Related:
Create New Tag

12/6/2016 10:19 PM

Made this thread last year but figured we can start again .

So obviously Christmas is coming , how is everyone ? Hopefully the holidays treat you well . I know a bunch of stuff went on sale for Black Friday , anyone get some goodies ? What are people asking for Christmas ?

I'm probably not going to get any bike related things as I'm not riding for the moment , but I might get myself some clothes .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/6/2016 10:45 PM

i didnt order anything but imma be buying some stuff off of craigslist and resell it for some profit while keeping some of it... anad i might buy a slot machine.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/6/2016 10:53 PM

I'm getting my son some nerf guns and star wars lego. The wife and I don't really want or need anything. I'll probably get a bit of money from my parents, and I'll treat the wife to something as I haven't told her about my custom frame yet haha

|

12/7/2016 4:56 AM

I m getting some gold kink rims and some new vans tires

|

"Jason Bourne, its Jesus Christ"

12/7/2016 5:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/7/2016 5:40 AM

I can't wait for Christmas Break...sooo much free time for riding! Both on my BMX and MTB. The parks will be empty because it is "too cold"....perfect for me though.

I also probably won't get anythign bike related, but am giving some stuff to my step son and nieces. He gets a new upper detangler for his gyro (to accommodate the new Vandal Bars he got for his b-day). The girls will get helmets and pads for their newly acquired bikes from mom and dad.

Funny that I am not really Christian anymore, but I still look at this time of year as a time for introspection and faith seeking. In all religions, this is one of the high holidays. The path I follow now has always looked at this time of year as a time to slow down, be close to family and home. time to refresh and prepare for the coming year. Also a time to get out into nature and be a part of that as well. Hippy stuff....I know

Hope everyone stays safe and has a good, relaxing Holidays. Take a bit of time to reflect on things that surround you in your life!! Celebrate the good; make plans to change the bad; find peace!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

12/7/2016 7:29 AM

chrisbmx24 wrote:

Have you checked out Federal clear gold rims? Looks like the same price.

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

12/7/2016 7:34 AM

Im gonna surprise myself with gopro hero 4 session and maybe some new bars

|

12/7/2016 2:04 PM

I treated myself to a fit savage frame for $220 on albes and a united parts kit 15% off from dans. Waiting for my crank bolt to come hopefully tomorrow to finish putting it together. It feels nice knowing everything on my bike is brand new as I've never experienced that before lol

|

12/7/2016 3:14 PM

tiho wrote:

Im gonna surprise myself with gopro hero 4 session and maybe some new bars

i got this gopro and is is awesome, recommend to anyone thinking about it

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

12/7/2016 3:47 PM

Parents helped me buy shimano xt 1x11 for my mtb. Other than that we all good

|

12/7/2016 4:38 PM

Getting a wheelset for Christmas, as a reward for good grades.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

12/7/2016 4:58 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Getting a wheelset for Christmas, as a reward for good grades.

Well done Gotta show this to my little kids. They're not old enough to worry about actual grades quite yet, but they've done well too so some glow in the dark Stolen grips and a Fit Key logo winter hat are in their future, plus a new bb & maybe new brakes.

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

12/7/2016 6:52 PM

I bought myself a WTP Atlas(well I sold a bass guitar to buy it but it's my present to me). My wife got me a new helmet as mine was 15 years old and crappy even when it was new - I only bought It so I could ride a skatepark so I bought the cheapest one they had so I could still buy beer. My parents bought my 4 year old son a Mirraco Wedge 16" and my wife and I are buying him a full face helmet so he can ride the track in spring and learn to ride trails if he wants. I'm getting my wife a new helmet because her's is cheesey cycling helmet that she won't wear because it looks ridiculous and isn't very comfortable. I'll probably get a pair of gloves too because I can still get a day or two of riding in week but even when it's dry it's damp/lil' chilly. Pretty bikey holiday season.

|

12/8/2016 7:23 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I bought myself a WTP Atlas(well I sold a bass guitar to buy it but it's my present to me). My wife got me a new helmet as mine was 15 years old and crappy even when it was new - I only bought It so I could ride a skatepark so I bought the cheapest one they had so I could still buy beer. My parents bought my 4 year old son a Mirraco Wedge 16" and my wife and I are buying him a full face helmet so he can ride the track in spring and learn to ride trails if he wants. I'm getting my wife a new helmet because her's is cheesey cycling helmet that she won't wear because it looks ridiculous and isn't very comfortable. I'll probably get a pair of gloves too because I can still get a day or two of riding in week but even when it's dry it's damp/lil' chilly. Pretty bikey holiday season.

what kind of bass? I play bass. Would never get rid of any of mine though...cool to see another basser on BMX!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

12/8/2016 9:26 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

sXeBMXer wrote:

what kind of bass? I play bass. Would never get rid of any of mine though...cool to see another basser on BMX!

It was a Peavey T-40. I bought it about 10 years ago for 300 bucks and sold it for 800. Pretty much what my bike came to. It was a nice bass but I have a Squire Bass VI and an Epiphone Ripper and I hadn't even touched the Peavey in a year so I thought someone who will play it should have it and I could get a new bike.

|

12/9/2016 5:43 AM

chrisbmx24 wrote:

vans makes tires now?

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/9/2016 5:56 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I'm getting my son some nerf guns and star wars lego. The wife and I don't really want or need anything. I'll probably get a bit of money from my parents, and I'll treat the wife to something as I haven't told her about my custom frame yet haha

Lol, damn, you think she'll flip when she hears? Are you getting your frame thru 6160? Kyle hit me up a couple weeks ago with an offer on custom frames that was better than most of the sales on Danscomp so I took it. Either way, no wife to explain the expense to but I'll be selling my current and last frames soon to cover it.

|

12/9/2016 6:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2016 7:05 AM

sketchytravis wrote:

vans makes tires now?

They're made by cult, but their called the cult vans tire, and the treads are the same as the waffle pattern on the bottom of vans shoes. I think Adam lz has those tires

|

"Jason Bourne, its Jesus Christ"

12/9/2016 6:57 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Sean_Goff wrote:

Lol, damn, you think she'll flip when she hears? Are you getting your frame thru 6160? Kyle hit me up a couple weeks ago with an offer on custom frames that was better than most of the sales on Danscomp so I took it. Either way, no wife to explain the expense to but I'll be selling my current and last frames soon to cover it.

Haha, I told her the other day, she's cool with it but brings it up jokingly when we want to spend money on something else. And she's expecting something special from me now.
I'm getting an fbm custom, because fbm. It will be awesome! And should be here before Xmas! Only bad thing is I sold my frame to afford the final payment on it, so I'm bikeless now #sadface

|

12/9/2016 9:05 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

It was a Peavey T-40. I bought it about 10 years ago for 300 bucks and sold it for 800. Pretty much what my bike came to. It was a nice bass but I have a Squire Bass VI and an Epiphone Ripper and I hadn't even touched the Peavey in a year so I thought someone who will play it should have it and I could get a new bike.

ah ha. Yes, it is definitely better to have a bike you will ride, than a bass that is gathering dust. I don't get how some guys have more than 5 basses. Our guitar player has something like 35 guitars...I have 4 basses and feel bad that they al don't get used equally...but I am a pack rat and can't let them go. I also don't get how some people have more than 2-3 bikes as well. I guess it is b/c I live no where close to the 1%, so I get one or 2 solid things, and then I keep em, forever

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus