Christmas = Closed Businesses = More Riding

Related:
Create New Tag

12/24/2017 2:39 PM

Christmas is one of those weird days where - even though you should technically spend the whole day with family - you have the ability to ride pretty much anywhere - including some places that are otherwise busts.

Anyone have any sessions lined up tomorrow? Where at?

|

12/24/2017 2:42 PM

If I can persuade anyone to give me a lift then I'll probably ride the civic centre in the city or my college courtyard.
I think the metro is off on Christmas so I definitely won't be able to sneak my bike on there to get there.

The weather is supposed to be crap anyway.

|

Hmmm

12/24/2017 3:25 PM

Yeah this is true... you can ride pretty much anywhere you want lol... but yeah the whole family Christmas thing... if I didn't live close enough to my family to see them every year for Christmas than I'd probably ride...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

12/24/2017 4:12 PM

I wish more people around here actually rode street still... There's not many places around here we aren't already able to ride when they close/on weekends anyway, and if there are they're not much of a spot or worth it. Still though it's nice just coming out and cruising with your friends. I think tomorrow I'm just meeting up with someone at the park to have a chill sesh.

|

12/24/2017 4:53 PM

Rode on Christmas Day with my buddies a year or so back . Best day ever . Great memories too .

I doubt I’ll be out tomorrow as it’s -1 and looks like it’ll snow on Christmas Day , plus Canadian winters basically mean ice on the sidewalk and road half the season . But I’ll see what’s going on , might ride my buddies flat ledge or something .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/24/2017 8:21 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

Christmas is one of those weird days where - even though you should technically spend the whole day with family - you have the ...more

Wish there wasnt snow blanketing the ground here...love riding at businesses on sunday. I imagine it would be even better tomorrow. Good thinking!

|

12/24/2017 9:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/24/2017 9:51 PM

The forecast says -30C so no.

|

12/24/2017 9:57 PM

I live in California and it makes me forget that winter exists. I'm officially an asshole. Haha!

|

12/24/2017 10:19 PM

Yep... Fresh blanket of snow here today so, no riding for me.

|

12/25/2017 2:39 AM

It's too windy here, but if it calms down I'll ride the town centre and try to get some phone clips of stuff I've been eyeing up for a while.

|

12/25/2017 10:49 AM

Working in a hospital is great , don’t get Christmas off and I make double time pay , best part about Christmas

|

12/25/2017 1:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2017 1:42 PM

Just got a foot of snow. My street riding is done untill April or so.

|

12/25/2017 5:03 PM

Went out yesterday (Christmas Eve) and shut shit down. Found 3 awesome spots in the span of 4 blocks and had a blast bouncing between them. Traffic was light so I was able to literally ride across the main street and connect the spots into lines.

If it wasn't so cold and my back wasn't feeling all jacked up, I'd have stayed out for much longer.

First Spot: Long steep bank with an angled paved step up. Lots of fun

Photo

Second Spot: The Verizon ledges. 3 different height ledges on a fairly mild hill.

Photo

Third Spot: Parking lot step up. Really cool little ramp/step up thing with an asphalt berm at the top. Perfect for bonks up and down, and peg chinks. This one was also cool to ride because I learned how to bunny up up a rough transition and then instantly pull up again to air out of it.

Photo

The whips:

Photo

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

12/25/2017 7:19 PM

Cool spots and cool fork on that bike!

|

12/27/2017 10:04 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Cool spots and cool fork on that bike!

Thanks man! Yeah I'm grinding through it a bit...Kinda waiting until I break through the bottom of it to replace it.

What's great is now that I've found these spots, when the weather gets better I'll hit them full force. It was just too cold and my back was acting up so I called it quits.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

12/27/2017 11:39 AM

Corey Martinez and Sean Richany were both in Miami during the holiday season and held a small jam not far from where I live so I rode and hung out with them during Christmas, fun times.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

12/28/2017 7:45 AM

It was below zero (or super close) for temps on Christmas with snow, so riding did not happen.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura