Christmas Presents

Related:
Create New Tag

12/24/2017 5:46 PM

Anyone given or received any cool presents lately? Or even given themselves a present?

I was given a Total Killabee sprocket. It's just brand new out and looks sick. Also a pair of yellow/black stranger quan grips.

Also getting g-sport birdcage and ribcage rims as a present to myself, but they haven't arrived yet. It's a great time of year to get good deals I've found.

|

12/24/2017 6:05 PM

I’ve gotten to the point where my bike is pretty much all the parts I want and have basically found all the sizes and specs that I enjoy . I don’t buy much parts anymore unless needed , but a new sprocket is coming up . I’ve seen that killabee sprocket in ads and whatnot , and it looks incredible. I’d love one but Total parts are crazy expensive and rare here in Canada .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/24/2017 6:38 PM

I got a pump and a shitload of tools.

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

12/24/2017 7:03 PM

That's sick you got your self a Birdcage and a Ribcage! I run a Birdcage up front a Ribcage in the rear and man its a nice rim setup! That was my Christmas present to my self, Gsport Ribcage to Profile Mini and 3 new Fit plastic sleeved pegs! I also got me a new Fit Hi Top v2 stem I'm waiting on in the mail...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

12/24/2017 8:14 PM

Beamex wrote:

Anyone given or received any cool presents lately? Or even given themselves a present?

I was given a Total Killabee sprocket. ...more

I gave my friend a brand new set of glands front and back and his cousin a new set of pedals.

|

12/24/2017 8:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/24/2017 8:16 PM

GCBMX69 wrote:

I need a new pump...my pump sucks, after ypu get past 40 psi you literally have to put all your weight into each pump, like my feet are off the ground for real...

|

12/24/2017 8:17 PM

I got a 21inch FBM Steadfast frame in raw and FBM CB4k's forks in raw.

|

12/24/2017 11:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/24/2017 11:05 PM

GCBMX69 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

I need a new pump...my pump sucks, after ypu get past 40 psi you literally have to put all your weight into each pump, like my ...more

Mine is a $20 Walmart pump with a max of 100 psi. I run my tires at a good 80 psi so it's perfect. Plus at 80 it still pumps almost effortlessly. It's the red one with a silver 350 on it. I recommend the hell out of it. I just hope it holds up longer than all my other pumps have.

|

BOTTOM TEXT

12/25/2017 1:13 AM

I got myself 2 rims and a hub and a frame, it's still early in the UK so I will give an update later.

|

Hmmm

12/25/2017 2:37 AM

Wayne S wrote:

I got a 21inch FBM Steadfast frame in raw and FBM CB4k's forks in raw.

Jealous! Although I want a 21.25, in trans brown. I got myself a profile elite front hub from my wife.
I got my son a pair of 160mm profiles and pre ordered an fbm halafast frame. I also got him a Nintendo switch and Mariocart infinity. I got my wife a gift card for a full body massage. And I gave my mum £5000 to pay off some of her mortgage, so she can work less (my brother gave her the same, so she can pay it off entirely. It's from our inheritance from my dad).

Plus I got myself that solid barcode but the guy hasn't posted it yet. I don't really want it now, but he needed the money. He collects barcodes so I'll probably ask if he wants to buy it back when he's got money

|

12/25/2017 7:19 AM

I got bills

|

It’s all bmx

12/25/2017 7:24 AM

I had been looking forward to putting my new bike together today but SourceBMX sent me RHD cranks when I had ordered LHD.. Which is a huge hassle considering I live in the US & it will probably be a while before I can reach them with the holidays going on.

There goes my hopes for pedaling a new bike around the neighborhood on Xmas morning..sad sad

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/25/2017 7:27 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

I got bills

I got to pay tongue

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

12/25/2017 7:30 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I had been looking forward to putting my new bike together today but SourceBMX sent me RHD cranks when I had ordered LHD.. ...more

Put loctite on the pedal thread and run them backwards lol... left crank on the right right crank on the left... one of my budies had RHD cranks and he got a LHD wheel and couldon't buy new cranks so we put locktite on the pedal threads and it works! Juat make sure your still put the right pedal in the right crank and the left pedal in the left crank if you do it...

|

12/25/2017 7:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2017 7:38 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I had been looking forward to putting my new bike together today but SourceBMX sent me RHD cranks when I had ordered LHD.. ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Put loctite on the pedal thread and run them backwards lol... left crank on the right right crank on the left... one of my ...more

I'm fine. I ordered LHD cranks for a reason. Someone will have to make this right.

Edit: also to do this method, you have to swap the pedal bodies. I don't have the ability nor the will to break open my brand new pedals to switch the bodies around.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/25/2017 8:26 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Put loctite on the pedal thread and run them backwards lol... left crank on the right right crank on the left... one of my ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I'm fine. I ordered LHD cranks for a reason. Someone will have to make this right.

Edit: also to do this method, you have to ...more

I know I didn't think you'd want to do it lol... I just thought I'd throw the idea out there lolgrin

|

12/25/2017 9:34 AM

I got a canon sl2 and an animal cush seat

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/28/2017 5:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2017 5:55 AM

Currently in Sapporo, Japan for Christmas. Found some cool stuff. They ain’t the biggest things, but it’s all I wanted to finish my setups.

Blue bits for the BMX, silver & white parts with brown grips for a beater MTB build I’m starting, and black grips for a scooter.

Also found tons of stickers to match my bike/scooter’s color scheme.

Photo

Stoked!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

12/28/2017 7:44 AM

I got some United Shin guards I am stoked about.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/28/2017 8:02 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Currently in Sapporo, Japan for Christmas. Found some cool stuff. They ain’t the biggest things, but it’s all I wanted to ...more

What are those stick things that look a bit like chalk?

|

Hmmm

12/28/2017 2:11 PM

Edman123 wrote:

I think those are brake cable protectors, so that you don't rub through your paint.

|

12/28/2017 2:18 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Currently in Sapporo, Japan for Christmas. Found some cool stuff. They ain’t the biggest things, but it’s all I wanted to ...more

Edman123 wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

I think those are brake cable protectors, so that you don't rub through your paint.

Yup, exactly that!

I use them on the lower cable units. Two on the sides where the cables touch the lower tube by the head tube and two more where the singe cable runs underneath the top tube towards the brake.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

12/28/2017 2:46 PM

GCBMX69 wrote:

Forgot to add I also got a SHITLOAD of ledge wax lmao a bit late but oh well fuggit

|

BOTTOM TEXT

12/28/2017 2:53 PM

Im late too, but...Shadow featherweight helmet, a pair of vans, and...I think I'll be covering the balance of my PDC frame out of my pocket so...Merry Christmas Me.

Also a week before Christmas I snagged the Shadow Decisive jacket for 50%. I'm in love with it. Especially since its 0ºF in NYC now.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

12/29/2017 1:02 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Im late too, but...Shadow featherweight helmet, a pair of vans, and...I think I'll be covering the balance of my PDC frame out ...more

How's that helmet for protection? It doesn't look as chunky as most others. I've never really worn a helmet but am considering getting one and the shadow one caught my eye

|

12/30/2017 6:20 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Im late too, but...Shadow featherweight helmet, a pair of vans, and...I think I'll be covering the balance of my PDC frame out ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

How's that helmet for protection? It doesn't look as chunky as most others. I've never really worn a helmet but am considering ...more

It's certified so it's as good as it needs to be.

|

Hmmm

12/31/2017 9:10 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

How's that helmet for protection? It doesn't look as chunky as most others. I've never really worn a helmet but am considering ...more

Def get a helmet... I used to not ride with one but I started to think... if I crack my skull open and can't ride BMX anymore, is it worth it, and I said no, it's really not. I have the older version of the Shadow helmet and I love it! Best helmet I've ever had, also switching to riding a helmet has increased my skill level leaps and bounds becasue it just gave me more confidence in doing tricks and nt being do worried about getting hurt, I know you have a son you love, I don't have a kid yet, still young lolgrin But I can imagine how deviating it would be if you were to hurt your self and never be able to do simple stuff with your son, juat simple things like going on walks to the ice cream store... just a friendly suggest my friend!smile

|

1/2/2018 5:38 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

It fits like a glove man, oddly. I have a big head, and I truly hate wearing the helmet I currently have which is:

too big (outside dimensions)
too big (doesn't fit snug, and I've adjusted every part of it)
10 years old

This one solves all those problems. Yeah it doesn't look cool, but neither does being in a wheelchair and needing to hire someone to wipe your ass. It is however, the most regular looking helmet out there, which is to say it doesn't look like you cut the top of a bowling ball off and put a strap on it.

Protection wise? Just from my handling it out of the box, it seems to be the best of both worlds. Adequate protection and a lot of comfort and compactness.

It is 100% certified so you know it's as good as the minimum allowable certification. I'll post a review if I fall and survive!

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/2/2018 10:51 AM

Sorry... took me a while to get a pic posted. This is the only BMX related gift that I got (besides the shit I bought myself!).

Photo

|

1/2/2018 1:17 PM

I got a crap ton of money and bought a Fit Nordstrom

|

If you ain't fallin you ain't trying.