Christmas bike

Related:
Create New Tag

10/20/2013 1:38 PM

For Christmas I can get a Fit Wifi (complete) but what would be the best way to spend the money? upgrade parts on my bike or build a somewhat custom bike reusing the good parts I already have or is the Wifi solid? I added up the prices that it would cost to buy each part in the Wifi and it came out to around $100 more not including tubes wheels chain and headset, so it seems like a good deal

|

10/20/2013 1:40 PM

First of all, what bike do you have now and has it something broken?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

10/20/2013 1:56 PM

yeah the wifi complete is good.

|

10/20/2013 2:02 PM

T-rider wrote:

it's a Dugan 3 I'm not sure what year but my friend gave it to me and it has some aftermarket parts like thunderbolts cult leader bars salt cassette éclat rim

|

10/20/2013 2:15 PM

T-rider wrote:

kauaian wrote:

it's a Dugan 3 I'm not sure what year but my friend gave it to me and it has some aftermarket parts like thunderbolts cult leader bars salt cassette éclat rim

why do you want a new bike then?

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

10/20/2013 2:37 PM

T-rider wrote:

kauaian wrote:

That sounds like a damn good bike to me.
I'd just upgrade the one you have, post pics and list as many parts as you can and I can tell you what you may want to change in the future.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

10/20/2013 7:55 PM

I want to either get a Premium CK or build one. Realistically , I'm buying a back wheel and just shred what I got.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/20/2013 8:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2013 8:26 PM

andyferly wrote:

That sounds like a damn good bike to me.
I'd just upgrade the one you have, post pics and list as many parts as you can and I can tell you what you may want to change in the future.

okay, I just didn't have any idea whether it was good or not. Photo
bars-cult leader
stem-stock mirra stock
front wheel-Dugan stock
rear wheel- salt to éclat
forks-Dugan stock
frame-Dugan stock
bb-fit
cranks-thunderbolts
pedals- twisted(not jcpc anymore)
headset-odyssey
chain-some huge kmc I think it's 700 something
tires-chase hawk
seat-shadow fat
post-stock
and I got it off a friend so I don't know much about the complete itself. should I change out whatever was stock?

|

10/20/2013 8:35 PM

The only thing I would get would be a stem and have a few bucks stashed in case something breaks. Those cranks wont flex on you at all and the longer rear end length helps with hops a lot IMO.

|

10/20/2013 8:37 PM

seems pretty solid already

|

10/20/2013 9:11 PM

chad88 wrote:

seems pretty solid already

Yeah the WiFi is sick but you have a solid bike already. I would say use the money and get a new stem, new wheelset, and some new forks, and anything else you don't like on the bike.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/20/2013 9:38 PM

sweet, thanks everyone

|