Chrome rims?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/14/2015 11:20 AM

I'm after a matching pair of chrome rims. I know there's plenty on the market, with varying price. I just want something light and strong, but don't have to be the lightest or strongest. And a fair price?
I was thinking sun envy, but I don't like eyeleted rims. Any others I should keep my eyes out for?

|

12/14/2015 11:27 AM

Odyessy hazard lite

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

12/14/2015 12:12 PM

if you want a light rim that is just as strong as everything else get birdcages. I've been running mine since january and they are still going strong. Other than that the only chrome rim I have experience with is the hazard lite and that too was good

|

12/14/2015 2:28 PM

Haven't tried hazard lite, but I'm sure they are good cause it's from Odyssey. Birdcage is definitely reliable and I still own a pair.

Also want to suggest getting polished rims instead of chrome if you are able to. Chrome rims eventually chip or bubble, I think probably because for whatever reason chrome doesn't do to well over aluminum. Polished rims can look like or just as nice as chrome ones, plus they don't cost extra like chrome usually does.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

12/14/2015 3:13 PM

Aren't Hazard lites are pretty heavy compared to a lot of other rims on the market? All G sport rims are a bit more than I'd like to spend compared to other rims too.

Yeah I thought about polished rims. I actually prefer the finish on them. But I'll probably be running a brake through summer. To be fair, I don't know how long I'll keep the brake on. And I hate the brake squeek

|

12/14/2015 6:57 PM

I ran oddysey hazard lites and sun chrome big city rims both in rear with brakes.liked em both i didnt feel much of a weight difference between them the oddysey is smooth as can be but so is the sun( im running right now) so its pertty much up to ur personal preference both are awesome brands and havent heard a squeak out of either brand good luck dude

|

Built to abuse

12/15/2015 3:49 AM

I agree with these guys. Leaning more towards the Hazard Lite though. I've been running them for years I think they are super strong.

|

If it ain't broke...

12/15/2015 4:41 AM

They are pretty heavy though. I had a quick look at the quadrant rims, pinned seems a bit sketchy, but I'm not hard on bike parts. Cheers for the input, I'll have another look around

|

12/15/2015 7:20 AM

aerospaces

|

12/15/2015 9:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2015 9:27 AM

Demolition zero rim (they have it in red/black or chrome) are good from what i ear, i'm trying them on my new build this winter....

|