Cleaning tire sidewalls?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/8/2018 4:09 PM

Hello, I just recently bought a new wheel and it came with a fit tire. It’s pretty dirty and it doesn’t look good, even after being scrubbed with wd-40. Wondering if there are any ways you guys know of to clean up the sidewalks. Thanks!! Photo Photo

|

5/8/2018 4:24 PM

any kind of spray bleach that you woul use on a kitchen top and a stiff brush should do it

|

Hmmm

5/8/2018 4:55 PM

simple green and a strong bristle brush. If you ever get tan walls, just use a brush. Tan walls look good even when slightly dirty

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

5/8/2018 5:20 PM

What they said above...

Or, you could probably just take the tires off and scrub them in some hot, soapy water as well...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/8/2018 5:38 PM

Or just get them so dirty they are all one color! wink

|

5/8/2018 9:13 PM

I've tried a few fancy stuff, but I always just go back to soap and water. Even when I got my white tires, I just scrubbed them down and they're pretty solid.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

5/9/2018 1:54 AM

Build a huge ramp put it on a dock and jump into a lake , if your going to get your tires wet you might as well have a good time

|

5/9/2018 4:25 AM

We used to use "Soft Scrub". We would even use it on our shoes. It would easily clean the white rubber back to near new condition in seconds. If they doesn't work, I'd be a "Magic Eraser" would work well.

|

5/9/2018 5:40 AM

Thank you guys. I used a magic eraser and bleach, which surprisingly didn't work. I was able to use good off and some steel wool with light scrubbing and it cleaned it right up. I was using the goof off to strip paint off the rim, so it was fine if it got on there haha.
Thanks!

|

5/9/2018 5:54 AM

piss on them

|

It’s all bmx

5/9/2018 6:10 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

piss on them

YEAH

|

5/9/2018 6:20 AM

Simple Green, water, and a toothbrush. WD40 is not for cleaning.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/9/2018 7:32 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

WD is great for cleaning, just not for rubber...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/9/2018 7:36 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Well yeah, great for cleaning certain things but it wouldn’t be the first thing I grab if I’m cleaning tires. Simple Green works wonders for that kinda stuff.

|

5/9/2018 7:41 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Well yeah, great for cleaning certain things but it wouldn’t be the first thing I grab if I’m cleaning tires. Simple Green ...more

I prefer Complicated Blue over Simple Green. But I heard they are changing the formula....

|

5/9/2018 9:32 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I prefer Complicated Blue over Simple Green. But I heard they are changing the formula....

laughing

I'm partial to Simple Green but when I really branch out I use Read The Instructions Purple.
|

5/9/2018 9:45 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Well yeah, great for cleaning certain things but it wouldn’t be the first thing I grab if I’m cleaning tires. Simple Green ...more

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I personally like like my soup Juuuuust right.

|

5/9/2018 10:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2018 10:49 AM

My thought is, the more beat up and dirty my bike looks, the better for theft reasons. I want all my bearings to be smooth and everything else to be a mess. Lol

|

5/9/2018 10:49 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

My thought is, the more beat up and dirty my bike looks, the better for theft reasons. I want all my bearings to be smooth and ...more

Yeah I'm this way too. I like my bike to be clean, but I got over it being beat up looking the second I fell off it the first time. They're designed to be used and abused. Each paint chip, scratch, ding and dent is a badge of honor.

|

5/9/2018 2:37 PM

If you run brakes I wouldn't use WD40 cause if that gets on your rim it is hard to wipe off and it will make your brakes not grab for crap

|

5/9/2018 3:09 PM

Shredkink9 wrote:

If you run brakes I wouldn't use WD40 cause if that gets on your rim it is hard to wipe off and it will make your brakes not ...more

Most kitchen degreasers are enough to completely remove WD. IPA and Methylated Spirits will also take it off very easily, quickly and without damaging anything else.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/9/2018 3:20 PM

Also, with cleaning tires, WD40 works good to get gum off your tire, it was super easy and that shit came right off, same with your shoes, WD40 will get gum off your shoes just as easycool

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...