Clear Brake Pads

Related:
Create New Tag

11/3/2015 8:36 PM

I have Odyssey Slim by Fours in clear. They do not squeak that much. They did earlier today, but then I put Coca Cola on my rim today. The squeak is small. I call it a 'soda squeak.' Last time I put soda on my rim, it had a soda squeak for a little over a day. Then a normal squeak came. The normal squeak went away today after I put Coca Cola on my rim. I cleaned my brake pads, and my rim today (there may still be a little bit of Cola on 1 rim). If the normal squeak doesn't come back, is there anyway to get the normal squeak back?

|

11/3/2015 11:07 PM

Squeaking.... What about braking power ?

|

11/4/2015 4:11 AM

Use rats or squirrels as brake pads if you just want squeaky brakes.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

11/4/2015 6:17 AM

Francky wrote:

Squeaking.... What about braking power ?

The braking power is amazing. I like the squeak, it helps me know how hard I am pulling..and I just personally like it.

|

11/4/2015 6:31 AM

The noise comes and goes. If you want it there forever, get chrome rims.

The brake power is what should matter.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/4/2015 7:05 AM

neophyte16 wrote:

sounds of any old truck with rusty brakes

|

11/4/2015 7:53 AM

neophyte16 wrote:

That was some funny shit, right there. If you really want people to turn and look when you brake, try a couple of cats out on your ride. Mrreeeoowww....

|

11/4/2015 10:35 AM

Take your pads off and scuff them with some 80 grit sandpaper. Spray brake cleaner on a paper towel and clean your wheels. They will be loud as fuck, and work like a hydraulic disc brake.

|

11/4/2015 11:02 AM

Smear a thin layer of ketchup on your rims works way better than Coke

|

11/5/2015 6:22 AM

bobPA wrote:

Take your pads off and scuff them with some 80 grit sandpaper. Spray brake cleaner on a paper towel and clean your wheels. ...more

Does that actually work? haha

|

11/5/2015 6:27 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Smear a thin layer of ketchup on your rims works way better than Coke

Lmao! I just switched out my clear pads for some kool stops. The squeaking was getting annoying as shit! I have a chrome rim on the back so the clears were loud as shit 24/7! The braking power with them was pretty damn good though. But I like my kool stops...no squeaking and they brake pretty good.

|

11/5/2015 8:31 AM

Chrome rims. Rubbing alcohol on the rims periodically to thoroughly clean them and remove oils. Do the same to the pads as well. That will help. Toe in properly too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/5/2015 5:17 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Chrome rims. Rubbing alcohol on the rims periodically to thoroughly clean them and remove oils. Do the same to the pads as ...more

Thanks

|

11/5/2015 8:05 PM

mb3377z wrote:

Yep, when you first clean the the brakes they would almost too well. DO NOT SPRAY THE BRAKE CLEAN DIRECTLY ON THE RIM....especially if it is colored.

|

11/7/2015 5:36 PM

bobPA wrote:

Take your pads off and scuff them with some 80 grit sandpaper. Spray brake cleaner on a paper towel and clean your wheels. ...more

mb3377z wrote:

bobPA wrote:

Yep, when you first clean the the brakes they would almost too well. DO NOT SPRAY THE BRAKE CLEAN DIRECTLY ON THE ...more

My brakes only squeak when it's a small pull, and it isn't 100% squeak when you brake. It squeaks at a certain speed. I don't have brake cleaner. Should I still sandpaper it, and see what happens?

|